The Student Room Group

Freederm

Has anyone tried it?
Does it actually work... and how long does it take to work!?

I've been using it for three days, and I can't really see any noticable difference - infact a few of my spots have been getting a bit worse? (I'm hoping this is because it gets rid of the spots already there by cleaning out your pores, and when they go they won't come back!)

I only have mild acne, and was drawn to freederm because it was an anti-inflammatory to reduce the redness of my skin.

I wondered if anyone had tried it before, and if they got any good/bad results?
Reply 1
I havent tried it.....if you want the best treatment - go to the doctors! trust me - the stuff they give works like magic! xx
Reply 2
I used freederm for a little while. It was pretty good actually- didn't work wonders or anything, but it was better than when I was just using a face wash.

Acne is a pain, whether it's mild or severe, so I can definately sympathise there. I've never found anything that gets rid of mine completely but I'd reccomend the Vichy range- it's expensive but it's really good. They give you loads of freebies if you buy one product though so check out if you can get some samples for free. Definately the best face wash I've found- my whole skin tone has evened out. It doesn't dry out your skin as much as most washs do too.
****ing brilliant! use it for a week and (unless you have really bad acne) all your spots will be gone!

expensvie but BRILLIANT!
did f**k all for me :smile: docs is a good idea
Reply 5
It did nothing for me, i think it all depends, some things work for some people and dont for others. I am yet to find any thing to cure me of acne compleatly!!
Thanks for the different opinions! I think i'll use up this tube, and if it doesn't bother working I'll go to the GP.
The doctor gave me a solution similar to the oxy-10 before, but that did nothing and just dried out my skin. She said if it didn't work she'd give me a tablet... but I thought I'd give freederm a shot, because I hate going back again and again lol!

The really annoying thing is that when I got back from my 2 weeks abroad this summer my skin was SO clear! And within 2 weeks it was back to it's usual state. Urgh.

Thanks again guys!
yemaya
I'd reccomend the Vichy range- it's expensive but it's really good. They give you loads of freebies if you buy one product though so check out if you can get some samples for free.

I did their skin diagnosis and know the products which would probably be best for me.
Where abouts do you buy yours from? I've found a couple of sites online, but they don't seem to have any offers?
Do they sell it in Boots or any department stores?
Reply 8
I noticed a difference withing 2 days when I started using freederm, it keeps thngs under control nicely (it hasn't cured me tho)
Reply 9
shewantstobeme
I did their skin diagnosis and know the products which would probably be best for me.
Where abouts do you buy yours from? I've found a couple of sites online, but they don't seem to have any offers?
Do they sell it in Boots or any department stores?

I get mine at Lloyds Pharmacy so if you have one of those near you, you could check it out. I'd imagine Boots might have something too though- especially in one of their bigger branches.
Reply 10
Ive been using Freederm for about 3 weeks, and I am noticing a difference....but Im also taking Dianette at the same time so its probably a combination of both. My skin is less oily and Im getting less spots, so somethings obviously working!
hmm i'd put my money on the dianette
I've been using it for about a month now and, although it didn't do anything drastic, my skin is much better than it was *touch wood*
It reduced the redness of previous scars as well.

It all depends on your skin type as to whether it works or not.
Pink_Crayon_Eater
I've been using it for about a month now and, although it didn't do anything drastic, my skin is much better than it was *touch wood*
It reduced the redness of previous scars as well.

It all depends on your skin type as to whether it works or not.

i've been using it for a week now and my redness has definately gone down too :smile:
all that are left are the spots, whereas before the skin was just generally inflamed. it sucks a bit because i have blackheads on my nose and freederm doesn't target those.
it makes my skin so much less oily though. i'd wake up before and it'd be like 'eww' but now it's like 'ahh freederm!'
I have been using freederm gel and facial cleanser for about 3 months and it has made a significant difference, it has made my spots less red and less frequent it also is helpful to keep my skin healthy and spot free when I wear no makeup.

However it may not be helpful to everyone but give it a month at least before trying something new or going to your doctor for advice.

I hope this is helpful to you ☺️👍
Original post by shewantstobeme
Has anyone tried it?
Does it actually work... and how long does it take to work!?

I've been using it for three days, and I can't really see any noticable difference - infact a few of my spots have been getting a bit worse? (I'm hoping this is because it gets rid of the spots already there by cleaning out your pores, and when they go they won't come back!)

I only have mild acne, and was drawn to freederm because it was an anti-inflammatory to reduce the redness of my skin.

I wondered if anyone had tried it before, and if they got any good/bad results?

1. Go to the GP - they can give a product suited to your specific type of acne, even if it is mild
2. I have used the spot treatment and it is okay to reduce down spots. I haven't used the cleanser.
3. As someone else has said, the Vichy range of cleansers is great. I use the green one (http://www.boots.com/en/Vichy-Normaderm-Deep-Cleansing-Purifying-Gel-200ml_866724/), and I usually buy it when Boots have their 3 for 2 offer and stock up. In addition to that, I use Acnederm which you can buy from a pharmacy. A lot of the time a product which works makes everything come up to the surface (making you feel like you are getting lots of spots) - this should eventually reduce otherwise stop using the product. The Body Shop tea tree night lotion is also good (I sometimes use it during the day, before my regular moisturiser) as is tea tree oil which you can get anywhere, even Superdrug. I think the main thing that helps is tea tree oil - keepings spots at bay, as well as getting rid of ones you already have.

I hope that provides some help. I am in my 20s and still get acne. It is nowhere near as bad as it was when I needed to take antibiotics for it.
All I can recommend is get a cleanser which works for you, and don't pick at spots as that can leave you with scarring. If you steam/use a hot compress on your spot, if you gently pull (not dig in/push) on either side, the stuff should come out easily and without pain. If it doesn't, leave it. It is better to feel a bit embarrassed for a couple of days because you have a spot, than feel embarrassed for years because you have scarring.

Quick Reply

Latest