The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology A2 Unit 3 & Unit 4 - Revision/Exam Discussion (2015)

I noticed that others who do psychology with other exam boards have set up these sort of topics, so I thought it would be good to set up one for Edexcel Psychology :smile: Plus, after reading through some of the previous topics in the past - I thought it would be pretty useful as I found the past discussions relatively beneficial.

I've set up an AS revision thread as well (may prove to be helpful for those who may be resitting one or both of the AS exams): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3116459
(edited 9 years ago)
Any predictions for what may come up?
Here's what I'm hoping will come up for Unit 3:

TEPs and Anger Management, simple 12 marker on a study for either criminal or child!

Unit 4 is killing me atm I hate it so much.
Original post by jadejadeshade
Any predictions for what may come up?
Here's what I'm hoping will come up for Unit 3:

TEPs and Anger Management, simple 12 marker on a study for either criminal or child!

Unit 4 is killing me atm I hate it so much.

I'm not too sure to honest about what will come up, but if I were to have a guess -
Criminal: The role of the media on anti-social behaviour (SLT), studies in detail (maybe comparing?), and key issue.
Child: Research into privation, daycare, Bowlby's theory of attachment, cross-cultural research and longitudinal research.

I sort of have a feeling that evidence of practice may be a thing as well, as it doesn't seem to have cropped up in any of the recent exams. I would like for it to come up tbh because that'd be a nice couple of easy marks to acquire.

Honestly, the thing I'm absolutely worried about is the timing of the exam - I've been trying to practice my timing to where I can have a couple of minutes at the end to check my answrs, but my timing is awful at the moment!

In terms of Unit 4, its killing me off as well - so much to know!
Original post by TheFinalFlare
I'm not too sure to honest about what will come up, but if I were to have a guess -
Criminal: The role of the media on anti-social behaviour (SLT), studies in detail (maybe comparing?), and key issue.
Child: Research into privation, daycare, Bowlby's theory of attachment, cross-cultural research and longitudinal research.

I sort of have a feeling that evidence of practice may be a thing as well, as it doesn't seem to have cropped up in any of the recent exams. I would like for it to come up tbh because that'd be a nice couple of easy marks to acquire.

Honestly, the thing I'm absolutely worried about is the timing of the exam - I've been trying to practice my timing to where I can have a couple of minutes at the end to check my answrs, but my timing is awful at the moment!

In terms of Unit 4, its killing me off as well - so much to know!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3342193

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending