The Student Room Group

Applying for student finance in year 2 but not year 1

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to apply for a maintenance loan in year 2 of a degree if I don't apply for one in year 1? I'm fortunate enough that I shouldn't need one but just wanted to be sure that if my circumstances change I can still get a loan? I will be applying for tuition fee loans regardless.

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to apply for a maintenance loan in year 2 of a degree if I don't apply for one in year 1? I'm fortunate enough that I shouldn't need one but just wanted to be sure that if my circumstances change I can still get a loan? I will be applying for tuition fee loans regardless.

Thanks! :smile:

Yes, it's fine
Hi there.

You don't need to apply for funding for every year of your course and when you do apply you can choose what you actually require. so if for the first year you don't want a loan for maintenance but do for fees then you simply put this on your application.

Thanks.
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there.

You don't need to apply for funding for every year of your course and when you do apply you can choose what you actually require. so if for the first year you don't want a loan for maintenance but do for fees then you simply put this on your application.

Thanks.

Ok, so then when it comes to applying for my 2nd year finance this time next year I'd be able to get a maintenance loan if I needed one?
Hi there

Yes, that's it.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending