The Student Room Group

How can I achieve A*s in all my GCSE's?

hello everyone,

I'm currently in year 10 and I'm studying english literature, language, maths, further maths, R.E, P.E, biology, chemistry, physics, german, history, DT and latin. Its quite evident that I have a LOT to study and revise for so I'm going to need all the help.

Also, I have high aspirations, such as attending Cambridge university. So this is the main source in attending my dream university.

What would be the best way for me to study and achieve a*s in all my GCSE's? Also how long should i be studying everyday in order to fully reach my potential?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Past papers, past papers and more past papers.
The way I use them is by going through them, if I get stuck I will look it up in my books then carry on.
Also, make sure you understand things instead of just trying to memorise them, understanding makes it easier to remember.
For science I recommend getting cgp revision guides, they are my bible for science. I also have a maths cgp guide which is amazing too. I recommend using revision guides, I personally hate revising from my school books, most revision guides will also give you questions to test your knowledge, use them! It really helps.

I'm currently in year 11 and got 8A*s and 3As in my mocks, these were the only results from the mocks as we didn't do all the exams for all the subjects. I am hoping to improve some of those As to A*s in the real exams, I still have time to do this. I also did RE last year and got an A*. The above were all my methods used, so I hope my results show they work.
More importantly, find the methods which work best for you, when revising take frequent breaks, every hour at least, and do revise.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending