The Student Room Group

This is why UKIP are right about immigration

Scroll to see replies

Daily mail =/= source.

Source please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heard about this, too. I'm Polish, I might want to move to the UK and I hope those guys serve their time in prison :frown:
This nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with drug use and drinking to much.
Reply 4
Original post by william walker
This nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with drug use and drinking to much.

Were they allowed to come to this country because of the EU "open borders" policy?

Answer: Yes
How did I know this was going to be a daily mail article before I even clicked on the thread?
Original post by billydisco
Were they allowed to come to this country because of the EU "open borders" policy?

Answer: Yes

But that isn't the reason why the committed the crime is it?
What about all those pesky Anglo-Saxons that are committing these types of crimes everyday all over the country? Should we cart them all off to back to Germany?

Actually, that sounds like a good idea, imagine the amount of traffic on the roads that would be reduced. Quick get me Farage on the blower!!!
Reply 9
Original post by DaveSmith99
How did I know this was going to be a daily mail article before I even clicked on the thread?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11379810/Burglars-who-attacked-university-professor-receive-hefty-jail-sentences.html

Now what pathetic reply would you give me? Oh yes- nothing because a DM article doesn't hide the fact the event occurred......
Reply 10
Original post by Izzyeviel
What about all those pesky Anglo-Saxons that are committing these types of crimes everyday all over the country? Should we cart them all off to back to Germany?

Actually, that sounds like a good idea, imagine the amount of traffic on the roads that would be reduced. Quick get me Farage on the blower!!!

So you believe there should be absolutely no immigration controls then?

That is exactly what you have just said......
Reply 11
Original post by william walker
But that isn't the reason why the committed the crime is it?

Errrr yes it is. It is the reason why the crime was committed in the UK.......
Irrelevant of my views, how on earth can you use a single crime as reason to change a policy affecting millions?
Reply 13

19 years for that?! 19 years?! That's almost a life sentence! The intent was there, to hurt the man seriously and burgle their house, but there was no permanent damage, and in the end, they didn't burgle anything. 19 years is far too much. 10 years would have been understandable.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31056608

Can everyone please stop attacking the Daily Mail, it's bang to rights (on this occasion at least): the four attackers shouldn't have been in the UK and therefore this attack should never have happened.

It's quite simple: immigration is not bad. What is bad is allowing career criminals to come into our country, instead of making them stay in their own country. We have borders for a reason: to keep maniacs like this out. If our borders can't even stop one of our premier academics from being beaten half to death in his own home then what is the point in them? We don't want to stop law-abiding decent immigrants from coming to the UK, just scum like these "people".

I can't believe anyone is arguing about this. Clamping down on criminals entering our borders won't cure all our problems as a nation, nor will it stop people from being assaulted and robbed. But it would have stopped this attack, and it would stop thousands more in the future, if people were properly vetted and not allowed in if they had a history of violent crime.
Reply 15
Original post by swagbrahx69
Irrelevant of my views, how on earth can you use a single crime as reason to change a policy affecting millions?

Why should European rapists/murderers and other dangerous immigrants be allowed to live here without the UK getting a say?
Reply 16
Original post by Copperknickers
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31056608

Can everyone please stop attacking the Daily Mail, it's bang to rights (on this occasion at least): the four attackers shouldn't have been in the UK and therefore this attack should never have happened.

It's quite simple: immigration is not bad. What is bad is allowing career criminals to come into our country, instead of making them stay in their own country. We have borders for a reason: to keep maniacs like this out. If our borders can't even stop one of our premier academics from being beaten half to death in his own home then what is the point in them? We don't want to stop law-abiding decent immigrants from coming to the UK, just scum like these "people".

I can't believe anyone is arguing about this. Clamping down on criminals entering our borders won't cure all our problems as a nation, nor will it stop people from being assaulted and robbed. But it would have stopped this attack, and it would stop thousands more in the future, if people were properly vetted and not allowed in if they had a history of violent crime.

Mate, be prepared for the idiotic "but we already have criminals in this country so it doesn't matter" replies.....
Why should European rapists/murderers and other dangerous immigrants be allowed to live here without the UK getting a say?

Why should UK criminals be allowed to live here without the UK getting a say? Why not expel people with a criminal record from the country?
Reply 18
So you believe there should be absolutely no immigration controls then?

That is exactly what you have just said......

What sort of reach is that?
Reply 19
Original post by swagbrahx69
Why should UK criminals be allowed to live here without the UK getting a say? Why not expel people with a criminal record from the country?

Are you honestly so stupid you do not see the difference between somebody born here and committing a crime here and IMPORTING criminals in to this country?

You honestly do not understand the difference?

Quick Reply