The Student Room Group

First Date tips? [GUYS]

Guys, what do you like/look out for in a girl who you're taking out on a first date? :-)
Honestly I know its cliche but be yourself, try to not be nervous and just have a good time, if it doesnt work out then shame but do not pretend to be someone you arent!
Original post by Anonymous
Guys, what do you like/look out for in a girl who you're taking out on a first date? :-)

Be friendly and easy to talk to, smile and laugh at my ****ty jokes.
Sit me down and watch Half Past Dead with me while eating fast food and I'll marry you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Be yourself.

Any relationship on not being yourself is going to **** up very quickly when he/she eventually realises.

On first dates, a sense of humour is a big plus. Props if you can throw a joke or two back at me. Sarcastic humour is cute.
Don't go overboard on looking good, because it shows.
Show interest in what I'm talking about even if you aren't really that interested and I'll do the same for you, it keeps the conversation flowing - don't forego telling me about your dayjob because you think it's boring.
If you consider yourself a feminist, don't announce it. Equally, don't be misogynist/misandrist.
If you're religious, don't be, uh, religious about it.
Don't be overly conventional. If you're all about going to fancy bars or restaurants on a date, you're dating the wrong guy. Suggesting meeting up randomly in a city centre is just fine.

That's all I got.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CJKay
Be yourself.

Any relationship on not being yourself is going to **** up very quickly when he/she eventually realises.

On first dates, a sense of humour is a big plus. Props if you can throw a joke or two back at me. Sarcastic humour is cute.
Don't go overboard on looking good, because it shows.
Show interest in what I'm talking about even if you aren't really that interested and I'll do the same for you, it keeps the conversation flowing - don't forego telling me about your dayjob because you think it's boring.
If you consider yourself a feminist, don't announce it. Equally, don't be misogynist/misandrist.
If you're religious, don't be, uh, religious about it.
Don't be overly conventional. If you're all about going to fancy bars or restaurants on a date, you're dating the wrong guy. Suggesting meeting up randomly in a city centre is just fine.

That's all I got.

Would write up some stuff but CJ sums it up nicely.
Reply 6
Original post by CJKay
don't forego telling me about your dayjob because you think it's boring.

Really? :eek:

I thought talking about work is a no-no in a date?
Reply 7
Original post by kka25
Really? :eek:

I thought talking about work is a no-no in a date?

Haha no, you can talk about it - it's only when the date is purely talking about work that it's a bit meh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Andy98
Haha no, you can talk about it - it's only when the date is purely talking about work that it's a bit meh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.

I'd love to talk about work but my fear is that the other end seems to only be concerned talking about work than enjoying themselves :erm:
Reply 9
Original post by kka25
Yep.

I'd love to talk about work but my fear is that the other end seems to only be concerned talking about work than enjoying themselves :erm:

Nah, if they're the right guy they won't mind talking about it a little. Plus if it's an interesting job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Andy98
Nah, if they're the right guy they won't mind talking about it a little. Plus if it's an interesting job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TBH, I've been on some sort of an initial relationship formulation period and the other end seemed to talk only about work; it was horrendous! :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by kka25
TBH, I've been on some sort of an initial relationship formulation period and the other end seemed to talk only about work; it was horrendous! :frown:

Ahhh fair enough, yeah getting them started is a pain in the ass. Kinda makes me miss the playground "will you go out with me?" line

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending