The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Beckett Accommodation Help

I have been offered a place for creative media technology at Leeds Beckett starting 2015. My course is based at the Headingly campus.

I have heard that opal 1 & 2 are more lively than other accommodation which suits me best as I want to enjoy the social aspect of uni.
Was just wondering whether it would be a bad idea to apply for accommodation here rather than Carnegie Village? As in will there be people from Headingly campus living here or will it be mainly city campus students?
Also is the freshers week the same for Headingly campus and city campus students?
I've heard there are frequent buses to and from opal 1&2 and Headingly campus so i don't mind the distance.

I'd appreciate any responses from current/former students at Leeds Beckett or anyone applying for accommodation nearer the city even though their course is based in Headinglly.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi I live in opal 1 at the moment, it is by far one of the worst accommodations and most expensive for what you get. There is no common room, no where to meet new people except in your flat - the layout of the building is isolating and makes it difficult to interact with people even from your floor. The whole building is very old, everything breaks (at the moment the lift has been broken for a week and we live on the 11th floor). Pictures on the website, or the flats you will view on open days are not an accurate representation of all of the flats - they are currently in the middle of "renovating" the flats, the vast majority do not have sofas or functioning tv's.

If you're at the headingly campus it would be much easier for you to live in headingly - the buses though advertised as frequent are never on time, multiple times my flatmate who studies in headingly has been half an hour or so late to a lecture because the bus never showed up. I would recommend Carnegie or Kirkstall Brewery, they're both lovely and much cheaper. If you really want to live in the city i would recommend the plaza from unite students.

Freshers is pretty similar for all students.

I thoroughly regret living in opal, though i have made good friends here i feel my loan would have been much better spent elsewhere.
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending