The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ba or BSc Geography at UCL?

I am currently in my first year undergraduate studying geography at UCL. I first applied to UCL to do a BSc course but within the week I changed my course to do Ba because after a taster session of BSc Geography at Queen Mary university looking at rock sediments ect, I felt that I wouldn't like it at UCL.
I am half way through my first year now and oddly enough I am starting to enjoy BSc Geography more than Ba Geography. But since it is the first year, I know that it is just the basics and all of the 'hardcore' science behind BSc geography wouldn't come until 2nd and 3rd year.
I feel that I am better at Ba Geography, it comes to me naturally, but BSc Geography is interesting and supposedly it is better to have a BSc than Ba if I want to get into business, finance and accounting after university.

Thus I was wondering, to any 2nd, 3rd or even students who graduated from UCL doing a geography degree, what are your opinions on the Ba vs BSc Geography course at UCL? How hard does the science/mathematical side of BSc Geography become? Equally, how complex does Ba Geography become?
Reply 1
What did you end up doing? And how did you find it? I am on the biological sciences course at UCL but I think I want to reapply for geography. How hard was it?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Latest

Trending

Trending