The Student Room Group

open days

Im an as level student whos started thinking about university. I want to have a look at as many unis as possible but it seems expensive to go to all of them e.g. hundreds just to go to a scottish uni open day.

I want to know how many open days i should go to and how i can offord to look at the far away ones(im poor and live in midlands)
Original post by dandaman098
Im an as level student whos started thinking about university. I want to have a look at as many unis as possible but it seems expensive to go to all of them e.g. hundreds just to go to a scottish uni open day.

I want to know how many open days i should go to and how i can offord to look at the far away ones(im poor and live in midlands)

apply for prospectuses and decide on your favourites. try perhaps 3 or 4. you can also go to a couple as post apps or visit days in year 13. what subject are you applying for and what grades are you likely to get. where in the midlands are from roughly Birmingham Leicester or nottingham
Nearish birmingham, looking for a history with politics/philosophy/ancient history degree. Im working at a solid B in all my lessons and am hoping to improve to A in some/all of them.
Original post by dandaman098
Nearish birmingham, looking for a history with politics/philosophy/ancient history degree. Im working at a solid B in all my lessons and am hoping to improve to A in some/all of them.

looking at the info you have provide I have listed a few options
Lancaster 16.50 AAB
Warwick 7.00 AAA
Exeter 46,10 AAB
Swansea 34.10 BBB

you could also look at Reading Loughborough Keele York Birningham Leeds Nottingham Mancheseter Bristol and Cardiff amongst others without great cost, if you do decide to look at Scotland look at a low cost airline as it will be cheaper than trains. the fares I have given are after buying a 16-24 railcard or 2 together railcard if you are travelling with a parent which both cost £30 and give 30% for a year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending