The Student Room Group

any advice...

hi,here's my problem;recently my parents have commented on my looks saying I look thin and sick,and recently I've noticed my collar bones stick out when I take selfies.I'm rely worried about my looks because I might be chosen to act in a play ;where I have a to wear gowns that will show my collar bone area.
my measurements are 34-27-37...should this be termed as curvy or should I gain weight?
It's totally just your own personal judgement but if you feel that you're getting a bit thin then and want to do something about it then go ahead.
I'd suggest that the healthiest way of putting on weight is to start gradually increase your food intake (eat more of the good stuff like proteins, complex carbs and unsaturated fats). You should also get some exercise and try some resistance or weight training as well as this will help you put on weight healthily. :top:
Reply 2
What's your BMI? Work it out and then if it's in the too light range you may need to gain weight. Your measurements round different places don't actually tell us much but BMI is used by the NHS for a reason.
Original post by BKS
What's your BMI? Work it out and then if it's in the too light range you may need to gain weight. Your measurements round different places don't actually tell us much but BMI is used by the NHS for a reason.

BMI is used because it provides useful data about a population. It is not good or reliable on an individual basis.
Reply 4
Original post by illusionz
BMI is used because it provides useful data about a population. It is not good or reliable on an individual basis.

How so?

I get for muscular people it's a problem but that doesn't apply to very many people and won't apply to OP. I get that defined boundaries between healthy/not are to some extend arbitrary so it's not worth getting caught up on little differences.And in terms of health indication it's more of a proxy but that's not what's being asked here- she's concerned about looking too skinny.

I think it's useful in giving a somewhat objective perspective to people in what's a good weight for them to be, especially when they don't otherwise have much of a clue/

Quick Reply

Latest