The Student Room Group

One IGCSE distance learning course between two people?

Hello,

Me and my partner are thinking of doing our IGCSEs via distance learning whilst we work, we want to do our A Levels via distance learning too, we need to get A's in everything to get onto the University courses we want to do.. my question is, is it possible to just pay for one of each course and share the resources and materials? we have to pay for the exams as private candidates and if we don't have to submit coursework, I don't see the point in paying for two copies of the same thing, however, I don't want it to affect our grades.. We are planning to do English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

This is the provider we are thinking of http://www.distance-learning-centre.co.uk/productlist/47/IGCSE_Courses.htm

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by KhaleesiMae
Hello,

Me and my partner are thinking of doing our IGCSEs via distance learning whilst we work, we want to do our A Levels via distance learning too, we need to get A's in everything to get onto the University courses we want to do.. my question is, is it possible to just pay for one of each course and share the resources and materials? we have to pay for the exams as private candidates and if we don't have to submit coursework, I don't see the point in paying for two copies of the same thing, however, I don't want it to affect our grades.. We are planning to do English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

This is the provider we are thinking of http://www.distance-learning-centre.co.uk/productlist/47/IGCSE_Courses.htm

There's no compulsion to sign up to a course at all, if you think you can teach youself from a textbook then you can do just that. Given that, 'sharing' a cousre ought to be possible, but the provider might not be happy if you submit alternate assignments. For Maths and Sciences that's not too important but you might both want to get your English marked as it is harder to judge how you're doing yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest