The Student Room Group

Audiology applicants 2015

Who else has applied for audiology, where have you applied, and has anyone got any offers?
I've got a conditional offer from De Montfort, a withdrawal from Swansea and I'm waiting to hear back from Manchester, Leeds and Aston :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have a search on Audiology - there are quite a few people with offers now.
Reply 2
got a conditional offer from Dmu :smile:

I don't quite understand the letter on ucas talking about a DBS form, any help?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Eistein

If you firm them and get the grades, once ucas track goes from conditional offer to unconditional offer, the university will send you a form by post to fill out and send back, its nothing to worry about until results day :smile:
Original post by jeninreverse
Who else has applied for audiology, where have you applied, and has anyone got any offers?
I've got a conditional offer from De Montfort, a withdrawal from Swansea and I'm waiting to hear back from Manchester, Leeds and Aston :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't know if i told you before but i had a interview at leeds before and they did give me an offer, so if you need any advise pm me
Reply 5
Original post by Eistein

The DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) form is what used to be called a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) form and is effectively a check on any criminal record you have that might have a bearing on working in Audiology. I think it's compulsory for anyone working in healthcare. You'll probably get a new DBS form for each uni that makes you an offer :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Audiology-Med
If you firm them and get the grades, once ucas track goes from conditional offer to unconditional offer, the university will send you a form by post to fill out and send back, its nothing to worry about until results day :smile:

oh right, thanks
it also says about a health check that needs to be done by some time in june.
??
Reply 7
Original post by Eistein
oh right, thanks
it also says about a health check that needs to be done by some time in june.
??

Not sure if that's a form to complete or an actual medical with a doctor?
Reply 8
I have an offer from Southampton and a rejection from Aston. Waiting for 3 more responses...
Reply 9
Got a rejection from Aston today too :/
I got a conditional offer from University of Southampton! I got rejected from Leeds and waiting to hear back from Manchester and Newcastle ( applied for both audiology and speech therapy in Manchester, and speech therapy in Newcastle). Oh and I'm an international student :smile: From Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean!
Reply 11
Got a rejection from Aston today too :/

Sounds like Aston were busy rejecting ppl yesterday :/
Reply 12
Original post by claudiasahara
I got a conditional offer from University of Southampton! I got rejected from Leeds and waiting to hear back from Manchester and Newcastle ( applied for both audiology and speech therapy in Manchester, and speech therapy in Newcastle). Oh and I'm an international student :smile: From Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean!

Congratulations on the offer from Southampton - I've also got a conditional offer from them :smile:
Congrats! Maybe we'll both end up there :smile: haha
Got an invite to the selection event next Wednesday at Leeds, I'm so excited! Congratulations to everyone else on their offers too :biggrin:
Reply 15
Got an invite to the selection event next Wednesday at Leeds, I'm so excited! Congratulations to everyone else on their offers too :biggrin:

Hope it goes well at Leeds on Wednesday. Let us know how you get on :smile:
Reply 16

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also got a conditional offer from DMU, I got a DBS form in the post from them a couple days ago, don't quite get how we meant to send it back??
Reply 17
Original post by Eistein
I also got a conditional offer from DMU, I got a DBS form in the post from them a couple days ago, don't quite get how we meant to send it back??

Did you get an invite to an open day at DMU? I got one last week - nearly missed it as it was a postcard and looked like general marketing, until I read the quite small writing on it!

If in doubt, give them a ring and ask about returning it. It probably doesn't need returning until you accept the offer. There's usually a £44 charge for the DBS check.
Reply 18
Original post by ayeeel
Did you get an invite to an open day at DMU? I got one last week - nearly missed it as it was a postcard and looked like general marketing, until I read the quite small writing on it!

If in doubt, give them a ring and ask about returning it. It probably doesn't need returning until you accept the offer. There's usually a £44 charge for the DBS check.

yeah just seen it today, don't know if im gonna go though..
Original post by ayeeel
Sounds like Aston were busy rejecting ppl yesterday :/

I know, I got rejected also! They wanted a B in English when I've only got a C. They told me they've a high number of applicants.
But it was unlikely I'd go there anyway. No other offers yet though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest