The Student Room Group

Help me choose my A-levels!!

Hi guys, I'm having difficulty choosing A levels for next year. In terms of uni, I don't know but am thinking about English, languages, geography or law. Out of the ones below, which combination gives me the most scope/fits the best/is a good combination?

A levels I'm considering doing are: english, spanish, geography, theology, philosophy, politics.

I need to choose four. All your help is really appreciated!!!
English for if you want to do English.
Spanish for if you want to do languages.
Geography for if you want to do Geography.
Then any of the others for if you want to do law - preferable philosophy or politics.
These four subjects would allow you to study any one of the degrees you mentioned.
English is great fun for me, far far better than GCSE! I would strongly recommend it, and it would be great with politics, philosophy and Spanish as there are elements of politics and philosophy in English, then Spanish relates to languages which is also in English, so you have a great selection that relates. But make sure you do what you want to do! Universities will accept pretty much any of that combination. The only thing is, I know friends who took geography and said it was so dull that they want to drop it.. but of course if you like geography don't let that stop you!
Hope that helps :smile:
Hi, I'm currently studying English Literature and Geography and adore them both, seen as though you are considering both at University I would strongly recommend them at A-Level to leave your options open. As for the others I would suggest Spanish, I have friends who study and say they love it; also languages are really good to have as an A Level as it shows your a capable, diverse learner. The fourth choice could be any of those three as they are all respected by Universities and will all work well when combined with English, Geography and Spanish. You need to look at the course content thoroughly and then decide from there which course suits you most.
Good Luck with choosing them and I hope you'll enjoy them!
Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest