The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Accommodation at Huddersfield

Hey,

I was wondering does anybody have any ideas which is the best accommodation in huddersfield for 1st years? And would anyone be able to explain how the rent is paid, is it paid in instalments? And can your student loan and grant cover this?
:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Me too. I want something close to the campus so I can get there easily but not too expensive, though I've heard student accommodation is quite cheap in Huddersfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by hussnainz
Me too. I want something close to the campus so I can get there easily but not too expensive, though I've heard student accommodation is quite cheap in Huddersfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, but I've heard the ones the university approves on (such as Ashenhurst and Stothes Hall) are not that great👎
Why? What's wrong with them?
I looked at them on the website and they seem decent enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been looking on the Internet and the accommodation that UNITE provide is quite good. It is a bit more expensive that the university approved ones but looks much better. Don't actually know where it is located but seems decent enough to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been looking on the Internet and the accommodation that UNITE provide is quite good. It is a bit more expensive that the university approved ones but looks much better. Don't actually know where it is located but seems decent enough to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really like the one at the Castings and Saw Mill, but before I make my final decision, I need to send my Student Finance application off to ensure if I could afford the 'better' accommodation haha!:smile:
I want to stay at Saw Mill. It looks awesome. I need to process my student finance application as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to stay at Saw Mill. It looks awesome. I need to process my student finance application as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What courses are you doing anyway?
Am planning to do Science Extended Degree then go onto Pharmaceutical Chemistry with a placement year. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am planning to do Science Extended Degree then go onto Pharmaceutical Chemistry with a placement year. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for Primary Education with QTS😄
You got a reply back from Huddersfield yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I received a conditional offer the other day. What about yourself?
I'm still waiting for them to send me a offer. They said on the interview day that I will get a email soon if they want me. It's been 2 weeks :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still waiting for them to send me a offer. They said on the interview day that I will get a email soon if they want me. It's been 2 weeks :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I went to my interview, they said you would here something the following Monday. However, I didn't here anything until 3 weeks after. So don't worry, I'm sure you will get in!😃
I'm not that enthusiastic for Salford University as I am for Huddersfield. So I hope I get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not that enthusiastic for Salford University as I am for Huddersfield. So I hope I get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will get in!😃
I live near Huddersfield but don't intend to go to Uni there, however if you need help or information on huddersfield, happy to help.

PS Storthes Hall is too far out!
I know. I was like I am not taking a bus to get into university everyday.
I know. I was like I am not taking a bus to get into university everyday.

:biggrin: Don't blame you, I am in agreement! It's not just that, you are kind of cut off from the social life and shopping etc that comes being close to town. I have never looked to see what accommodation comes with Huddersfield Uni, but I do know Storthes Hall which many years ago was an asylum/mental health hospital and not very nice. Of course I think it has all been knocked down and rebuilt now, but still too far out.

There are are some seriously nice apartments to rent to students in town but I think they are too expensive, certainly my minimum loan wouldn't cover them!
A friend of mine lived in Storthes for a year but moved out into private accom for his second year.

He used a site called sturents but accommodation for students are good too.

Might be useful if you're looking outside halls?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending