The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
really really not doing well. been curled up on sofa sobbing anf sobbing. things are desperate again and im growing tired of such pain. im alone and suffering so much with no oe to turn to and its really, really bad

:jumphug: please stay safe :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
A ridiculous number of my thoughts are being stolen. Even pretty simple stuff - I asked my wife how many eggs she wanted for lunch and the answer was taken after going into the kitchen, so I asked again and after taking them out of the fridge the answer was gone again, so again I had to ask!. 3 ****ing times!

I can't even say more examples as they're gone whenever I try to think. :facepalm:

:hugs:
Doesn't sound as though they're being *stolen* - just finding it difficult to remember certain things at the moment? Sorry you're finding that though :frown: must be frustrating/annoying :s-smilie:
Hope you're okay :hugs:

--------------

Feel so blah :s-smilie: posted on dear you though/haven't for ages/that was kinda cathartic I guess...
Hope everyone's okay! Taken citalopram later today as Ive been yawning lots the past couple days/had disturbed sleep. Hopefully will help... Good night!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone else get fake hunger pains when they're anxious or upset?

Oops missed this - by hunger pains do you mean like nausea and stuff?
Definitely find myself feeling nausea when I'm anxious/on edge, if that's what you meant :s-smilie:
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saw a friend today that I haven't seen in months. Proud of myself because when they said they were tired rather than worrying about it I just asked if they wanted me to leave. I could tell they did before I asked but it was kind of reassuring in a way? I don't know, favouring being a bit blunt at the minute since it seems to work.
Still feeling okay though I tried the higher dose of sleeping tablets last night and I slept so much. Going back to the lower dose I think, 15h solid sleep isn't exactly what I'm after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sleeping pills, Y U NO WORK?!?!??! :angry: :fuhrer: :emo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sleeping pills, Y U NO WORK?!?!??! :angry: :fuhrer: :emo:

:hug:
Im never gonna get packed tomorrow :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
:woo: Hi! Long time no speak, sorry, have meant to reply when you've posted before more recently, but just kept forgetting/have been in and out of posting sometimes :hide:
I'm doing okay, been prescribed citalopram a few weeks ago/am going to start on it soon, though not sure when exactly yet :s-smilie: was going to start today... :erm:
Hope wedding and seeing cousin went well! :smile:

Sorry Uni's not going as well - is just a mock remember? Don't know :console:
Hope you're having fun with going out and stuff still :tongue: Will need to change bedsheets when I go back too - always forget D: But yeah, hope you're okay :hugs:

Look who has forgotten to reply now! :lol: Glad things are ok for you :smile: I had a good day on Saturday, and since then things have generally been good too. Although I need to wake up earlier.

I do need to improve, a lot. In all my modules as well, I'm very behind. Don't want to fail. Also have an assignment due for Friday (although I want to complete it by Thursday as I'd rather do something else I'd planned on Friday). I've done most of it but now that I've got stuck on a bit I've lost concentration.
Yeah I enjoy going out :biggrin: planning on going out tonight again! Meanwhile I STILL have not managed to change the bedsheets :sad:.
so fed up of life. fed up of my sleep, fed up of not doing stuff I want to do or need to do, fed up of my head making me doubt everything I think or do, fed up of all the ****ing ***** on my tv, fed up of nothing ever changing, fed up of feeling **** mentally, just ****ing fed up to the end of my tether with everything right now.
I have a problem.

Few weeks ago when I was feeling extremely low, like no one would support me with anything and I had no one to speak to about my problems, felt I couldn't expect my doctor to see me weekly, I got speaking to this lad on the internet, who helped me a great deal with the ESA form I had to fill in. Even sent a letter to my doctor explaining the worry and the low mood he is seeing me go through, but I think he is a bit too involved in trying to make me happy. I can't tell him any more about myself now.

Yesterday, was the worst of the lot. What he did actually made me feel near suicidal, because I felt I can't trust anyone. He was actually telling me the practice manager had said stuff about how if I want weekly all through CBT they will do it and how they wont think anything i say is daft and other stuff. I caught him out because the wording of the so called emails was actually the same as the way he words stuff

I really want to be honest with doctor now and say look i was worried about going through the therapy with no support, and I was climbing the walls between appts, atm fortnightly felt too long. And tell him that if i stop speaking to this lad will the support from docs stay there as long as i need it

My worry is if i stop speaking to this lad and the docs wont support through therapy i will be completely on my own. Family dont understand stuff, its harder.speaking to family about things than someone impartial

I think another part of the reason was that because I struggle getting feelings across, that my doc maybe thinks things are better than they are and will stop supporting, used to people letting me down. Feel like to prove the depression i need to cry or whatever

If I be honest with my GP and the practice manager that actually i dont know this lad from adam, but have no one else to support me through all this. Do you think they will be understanding and help me more ? Or just think i am a complete and total idiot, cos I feel like one

I am scared that if I tell them they will be getting the police involved and I don't want that, hes not done anything criminal, but he's just too involved

I need to stop speaking to him and hopefully the docs will give me their full support however often I need it through CBT so i don't feel the need to trun to a complete stranger. My problem is I have social anxiety which brings with it a lack of friends, my closest friend has a new baby so hands full. So nit many people other than my GP I can ask to support through the tough time and stufff
(edited 9 years ago)
Priest had to cancel meeting :emo: Woken up feeling a bit better though :colondollar:

Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
I have a problem.

Few weeks ago when I was feeling extremely low, like no one would support me with anything and I had no one to speak to about my problems, felt I couldn't expect my doctor to see me weekly, I got speaking to this lad on the internet, who helped me a great deal with the ESA form I had to fill in. Even sent a letter to my doctor explaining the worry and the low mood he is seeing me go through, but I think he is a bit too involved in trying to make me happy. I can't tell him any more about myself now.

Yesterday, was the worst of the lot. What he did actually made me feel near suicidal, because I felt I can't trust anyone. He was actually telling me the practice manager had said stuff about how if I want weekly all through CBT they will do it and how they wont think anything i say is daft and other stuff. I caught him out because the wording of the so called emails was actually the same as the way he words stuff

I really want to be honest with doctor now and say look i was worried about going through the therapy with no support, and I was climbing the walls between appts, atm fortnightly felt too long. And tell him that if i stop speaking to this lad will the support from docs stay there as long as i need it

My worry is if i stop speaking to this lad and the docs wont support through therapy i will be completely on my own. Family dont understand stuff, its harder.speaking to family about things than someone impartial

I think another part of the reason was that because I struggle getting feelings across, that my doc maybe thinks things are better than they are and will stop supporting, used to people letting me down. Feel like to prove the depression i need to cry or whatever

If I be honest with my GP and the practice manager that actually i dont know this lad from adam, but have no one else to support me through all this. Do you think they will be understanding and help me more ? Or just think i am a complete and total idiot, cos I feel like one ������

I am scared that if I tell them they will be getting the police involved and I don't want that, hes not done anything criminal, but he's just too involved

I need to stop speaking to him and hopefully the docs will give me their full support however often I need it through CBT so i don't feel the need to trun to a complete stranger. My problem is I have social anxiety which brings with it a lack of friends, my closest friend has a new baby so hands full. So nit many people other than my GP I can ask to support through the tough time and stufff

I'm sure if you ask your GP directly, during an appointment, about seeing you regularly whilst you wait for/do the therapy, your GP would say yes.

With regards to the GP not understanding how bad things are, have you tried writing everything down and handing it over? Sometimes it's easier to be honest when you don't have to verbally articulate it :yes:
Priest had to cancel meeting :emo: Woken up feeling a bit better though :colondollar:

I'm sure if you ask your GP directly, during an appointment, about seeing you regularly whilst you wait for/do the therapy, your GP would say yes.

With regards to the GP not understanding how bad things are, have you tried writing everything down and handing it over? Sometimes it's easier to be honest when you don't have to verbally articulate it :yes:

Yep, thats what i am trying to do now, the writing things down. Trying to do like a daily diary. Did one and took it in today, and the one thing GP can see from it is that I do have this negative thinking about myself

Went in, and he goes, so what positive thoughts have you had this week ? I wasnt sure what kind of things to say, and thats where CBT will be hard for me.

But I am just thinking now, do I be honest and actually tell him and the manager that actually I don't know this lad. I just felt I could only turn to a complete stranger for aupport with all this, family arent the easiest to speak to and I think that is another symptom of my social anxiety

GP asked me on phone the other day if i know him and I stupidly said yes

Do you think they would much rather I speak to them weekly than actually sharing information about myself with a complete stranger who then plays with my mind by telling me stuff to keep my happy

Its like because i'm not that great at communicating stuff and always think i come across daft, I felt the docs maybe dont take me seriously or something ? But then they did diagnose me with social anxiety
(edited 9 years ago)

Do you think they would much rather I speak to them weekly than actually sharing information about myself with a complete stranger who then plays with my mind by telling me stuff to keep my happy

Of course they would - tiz a no brainer!

:frown:
Original post by ScaryScience
:frown:

:lovehug: Kinda knew that would happen - it often does with him :sadnod: He didn't mention anything about rescheduling, so I presume he's too busy to do so :frown:
Of course they would - tiz a no brainer!

Thank you do you think the docs would actually be annoyed if I tell them the truth about not knowing the guy ?
Thank you do you think the docs would actually be annoyed if I tell them the truth about not knowing the guy ?

They might ask why you lied and why this guy wrote to them if he doesn't even know you, but I doubt they'd hold it against you :nah:
Does anyone have experience with getting free NHS counselling for depression? Was thinking about seeing my GP as this has gotten really serious but I don't want to just be put on some stupid drugs.

Also I don't want my family (whom I live with) to find out as they're emotionally abusive; is there any chance I'll be sent letters etc. at home?
:lovehug: Kinda knew that would happen - it often does with him :sadnod: He didn't mention anything about rescheduling, so I presume he's too busy to do so :frown:

I'm sorry, that's really, really rubbish :frown: :lovehug:
Is anybody aware of how long, roughly, it could take to receive sessions of CBT?
Wanted to arrange it during the summer, but I don't know whether, say, if I applied for it after my exams, it would be too late :s-smilie: .
Woken up feeling a bit better though :colondollar:

Glad to hear it :smile:
Grr stupid anon^^ twas me.

Latest