Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Huh?

Accidentally hit post too soon - see edit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

How can I study for my politics exam on Tuesday when it hurts to keep my eyes open? I'm just gonna fail this exam and that's me done with everything.
I think my problem at the moment is just sitting down and focusing on revision with all the other stuff going on in my head but when I'm in the exam I can focus. Starting to stress about getting all my notes done in time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Klatie
I think my problem at the moment is just sitting down and focusing on revision with all the other stuff going on in my head but when I'm in the exam I can focus. Starting to stress about getting all my notes done in time

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same. I've an exam on Tuesday and I have started new medication which is badly affecting my work, and I'm scared I'll fail.
Original post by CescaD96
I'm the same. I've an exam on Tuesday and I have started new medication which is badly affecting my work, and I'm scared I'll fail.

I've got doctors on Tuesday and my medication hasn't helped. I'm worried if I start some higher or new ill be like that, last time I started higher things got really bad and it was around mocks. I got UUUD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Klatie
I've got doctors on Tuesday and my medication hasn't helped. I'm worried if I start some higher or new ill be like that, last time I started higher things got really bad and it was around mocks. I got UUUD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't start new ones, trust me. This is the second meds that I've tried now and it's so bad my school are putting in mitigating circumstances as an insurance for me.
Don't start new ones, trust me. This is the second meds that I've tried now and it's so bad my school are putting in mitigating circumstances as an insurance for me.

I'm afraid I'd say the opposite, if your meds aren't working for you you usually do have to try different ones until you find one which does

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I'm afraid I'd say the opposite, if your meds aren't working for you you usually do have to try different ones until you find one which does

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get what you mean but the side effects can be so detrimental. But then, I guess it's up to the person themselves. I already regret these new meds because I could actually handle my voices until after my exams.
I get what you mean but the side effects can be so detrimental. But then, I guess it's up to the person themselves. I already regret these new meds because I could actually handle my voices until after my exams.

side effects are awful but I do feel that it can be worth it for when you find a drug that works well for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
side effects are awful but I do feel that it can be worth it for when you find a drug that works well for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does take a few weeks though sometimes for you to know if they work. Well, it does for me anyway.
Original post by arguendo
One of my drs notes said I had been experiencing it for several years, and that it affected my ability to sleep, concentrate etc. But then I have had other drs notes that have been less specific and just confirmed I had X, was taking medication etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did the first doctor ask you for other doctor's notes in order to be able to write that?
feel hideously sedated
Had enough already today and it's only 1pm.
Original post by Anonymous
Did the first doctor ask you for other doctor's notes in order to be able to write that?

No, but it was all in my medical records, and that GP had seen me for it during the academic year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midnightmemories
Had enough already today and it's only 1pm.

Have a little break and then like at 3 or something try again even if it's just 10 mins.

I think after work I'm gonna try 10 mins work 20 mins break or somethig

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to the GP for the first time about my mental health on Tuesday. I have very lovely friends who have offered to accompany me but I'm only going with one. I'm just a bit scared I don't know what to say. I have some of it written down. Can I just give the GP a printed extract of some of my thoughts written down. I'm going predominantly because of suicidal thoughts, an attempt and my rapidly changing mood. It's slap bang in the middle of exam season too so will they postpone me seeing someone till the end? What have been your experiences with your GP and how does the process work?
Original post by Crystalz
I'm going to the GP for the first time about my mental health on Tuesday. I have very lovely friends who have offered to accompany me but I'm only going with one. I'm just a bit scared I don't know what to say. I have some of it written down. Can I just give the GP a printed extract of some of my thoughts written down. I'm going predominantly because of suicidal thoughts, an attempt and my rapidly changing mood. It's slap bang in the middle of exam season too so will they postpone me seeing someone till the end? What have been your experiences with your GP and how does the process work?

Yes you can jst hand them stuff written down, i have a few times.

It depends how much of a risk you are, they may put through an urgent referral for therapy and such, or may just put you down as a normal referral. Though mental health services are very much a post code lottery, and an urgent referral could take days, weeks or even months, so no one can say how long it will take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Yes you can jst hand them stuff written down, i have a few times.

It depends how much of a risk you are, they may put through an urgent referral for therapy and such, or may just put you down as a normal referral. Though mental health services are very much a post code lottery, and an urgent referral could take days, weeks or even months, so no one can say how long it will take.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the reply!!

Oh no. I live in East London, I have a feeling a referral would take ages in my area. Its the worst it's ever been so I am a bit scared and I just want it to stop now. I'm in a relatively good mood at the moment though which leads to me appearing confident and chatty. I've just come to the realisation that i'll probably end up feeling a bit **** again if I don't get help. Will this reduce the likeliness of me being taken seriously?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Crystalz
Thank you for the reply!!

Oh no. I live in East London, I have a feeling a referral would take ages in my area. The worst it's ever been so I am a bit scared and I just want it to stop now. I'm in a relatively good mood at the moment though which leads to me appearing confident and chatty. I've just come to the realisation that i'll probably end up feeling a bit **** again if I don't get help. Will this reduce the likeliness of me being taken seriously?

For me I was put on a referral list for CBT and 2 months later there was nothing done still.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest