The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Applicant Day

If people are planning to go to an applicant day, I would really recommend going to one, they really helped and they solved all my worries :smile: just got to get rid of the nerves now :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
It was great, got to know the lecturers + some possible classmates! Got to learn some of the facilities I will be using in my time there
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
I found it useful also to meet the tutors they really welcomed me :smile: cant wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hey,

I'm a second year student at Derby, the applicant days are a fairly new thing but it's good to hear that you enjoyed it. What kind of stuff went on? I've never been to one before!

By the way, what are you both studying?
Reply 4
I had a welcome talk from the college of education, then we went of onto our separate courses, and we got to know people in our group, the tutors got us to write our names on a piece of paper then something about ourselves so we had something to talk about, then on another piece of paper we wrote down our worries anonymously and then they read each one out and said how we could deal with them, so they solved the worries we were having and then we just talked for abit and asked questions about the course, then had lunch, and then went onto doing a tour of the university and accommodation and im doing Education Studies :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Sounds brilliant - do you feel excited about coming here now?
Reply 6
I really do, just dont know any flat mates yet, so a little nervous about that :frown: but yeah i cant wait, never been to town town though but looking forward to meeting new people :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by SkiOxley
Hey,

I'm a second year student at Derby, the applicant days are a fairly new thing but it's good to hear that you enjoyed it. What kind of stuff went on? I've never been to one before!

By the way, what are you both studying?

Im going to be studying Music Technology and Production. I spent a good few hours with the lecturers seeing and using the equipment they have there! In essence it made me more confident in my decision to go to Derby
Reply 8
That's really great to hear!

It's understandable to feel nervous about coming to uni, it's a massive change for you but Derby is a brilliant place and the uni has a really good feeling of community.

The town centre is lovely too - it's big enough that there's something for everyone but not so big that you feel lost!!

Will you be moving into halls?
Reply 9
I hoping it is :smile: I am looking forward to it :smile: and private accommodation xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending