The Student Room Group

Are soul mates real?

Well as the titles says, are soul mates real?

I ask all that reads this because I feel like I incomplete, my life feels like a very big game of hide and seek because I feel like my whole purpose in life is to find my "other half", the half which completes me as edgy as that sounds.

I know others might feel the same way, I think its to do with humans being social beings but is there anyone else here who feels like they are playing the game?

Scroll to see replies

Of course not, there's no mystical force that cares about your love life. We just naturally have a propensity towards forming strong, monogamous love bonds, but there's many people out there you are capable of making that connection with.
Original post by Mankytoes
Of course not, there's no mystical force that cares about your love life. We just naturally have a propensity towards forming strong, monogamous love bonds, but there's many people out there you are capable of making that connection with.

I never said there is a mystical force that cares about your love life, I am asking about "soul mates" people who are connected to one another even though they are not physically connected, and are destined to find each other, they could be a family member, a best friend, a teacher or in your case a lover.
Reply 3
Original post by HarryJRussell
I am asking about "soul mates" people who are connected to one another even though they are not physically connected, and are destined to find each other

You will find very few people who believe this is literally true.

Because its bolleaux. Of course there's no such thing as soul mates. Most would argue there's no such thing as a soul in the first place.
Original post by Drewski
You will find very few people who believe this is literally true.

Because its bolleaux. Of course there's no such thing as soul mates. Most would argue there's no such thing as a soul in the first place.

Have you ever had an outer body experience? Or perhaps a lucid dream? What about an astral projection?

Souls are very real, I can say that with certainty however soul mates is something I would like to get more opinions about so I can have a greater understanding of what people on this forum are like, from the first 2 replies I'm starting to feel like everyone here is an militant atheist
Reply 5
Souls are very real, I can say that with certainty

Prove it.
Original post by Drewski
Prove it.

I can't prove it to you nor do I need to, if you want the answers you need to look inside yourself, however I just want to point out that all we are is the universe subjectively experiencing itself.
There is either so many people you are combatable with you needn't worry about finding the "one" since there is so many of them.

Or there is only one person out of the entire global population you may as well give up trying to find them right now as the odds are so low.

I am glad someone else replied, however I am gonna completely disregard your post because I can not bare to watch Tim Minchin. He is just too flamboyant for my likely.
Yes they're real. I found my soulmate, I fell in love with her instantly and I know that I'll always love her. I always knew that we were meant to be together, we were made for each other. She's the perfect girl, she really is my better half. She left me, she didn't feel the same about me, she never loved me, she only used me because she was bored and she wanted sex (she's a slut), she didn't want me. I found out she was having sex with lots of different men and giving blowjobs. But I still feel the same way toward her, maybe I'm crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
There is either so many people you are combatable with you needn't worry about finding the "one" since there is so many of them.

Or there is only one person out of the entire global population you may as well give up trying to find them right now as the odds are so low.

I understand the odds are small, however the odds of us being alive in this time and date are so mind boggling insane it seems pretty possible.

I'm not talking about being combatable with someone else, I mean if two people speak the same language you would say they are combatable, right?
Original post by Icebaker
Yes they're real. I found my soulmate, I fell in love with her instantly and I know that I'll always love her. I always knew that we were meant to be together, we were made for each other. She's the perfect girl, she really is my better half. She left me, she didn't feel the same about me, she never loved me, she only used me because she was bored and she wanted sex (she's a slut), she didn't want me. I found out she was having sex with lots of different men and giving blowjobs. But I still feel the same way toward her, maybe I'm crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like Oneitis, I think you was just lonely at the time finding her and the attention she gave you made you think she was more than she was, maybe I'm wrong though, but I feel like if she was your soul mate she would have not left you.
I understand the odds are small, however the odds of us being alive in this time and date are so mind boggling insane it seems pretty possible.

I'm not talking about being combatable with someone else, I mean if two people speak the same language you would say they are combatable, right?

replace compatible with soul mate. That is what I meant.

Wrong, I think you mean compatible... Combatable seems like a fighting reference.
I can't prove it to you nor do I need to, if you want the answers you need to look inside yourself, however I just want to point out that all we are is the universe subjectively experiencing itself.

You're the one making the firm assertion that x is real and that because x is real, y is a possible outcome.

If x isn't real, then y isn't possible. So it is important to ascertain whether or not x is the case.

All we are is people. There's no big plan, there's no connection. Just random.

We make connections, we break connections. Some are stronger than others. If some people want to invent the notion of soul mates, that's fine, but trying to suggest to others that they're true and then, indirectly, suggesting that people who don't find them are lesser (because that's where this conversation is going), is nothing short of mean.
Original post by Mr.Econometrics
Wrong, I think you mean compatible... Combatable seems like a fighting reference.

W/e you know what I was saying, I literally just copied the word from the person I was quoting
Original post by Drewski
You're the one making the firm assertion that x is real and that because x is real, y is a possible outcome.

If x isn't real, then y isn't possible. So it is important to ascertain whether or not x is the case.

All we are is people. There's no big plan, there's no connection. Just random.

We make connections, we break connections. Some are stronger than others. If some people want to invent the notion of soul mates, that's fine, but trying to suggest to others that they're true and then, indirectly, suggesting that people who don't find them are lesser (because that's where this conversation is going), is nothing short of mean.

Have you ever had an outer body experience?
W/e you know what I was saying, I literally just copied the word from the person I was quoting

Fair enough, but I don't believe in the concept personally.
Have you ever had an outer body experience?

The common phase that I think you mean is "out of body". But no, I haven't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending