The Student Room Group

How do you listen to music?

Poll

How do you listen to music?

Hey,

What is the main way you listen to music? Some may use many different ways, but is there one you use more than others?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by number23
Hey,

What is the main way you listen to music? Some may use many different ways, but is there one you use more than others?

I'm in the "Other" camp! :yep:

I listen to FLAC files ripped from CD or downloaded from naughty websites when I own the vinyl for the most part. If I'm really in the mood to just listen, I'll go with the vinyl.
Spotify is at the centre of my existence c:
I listen to Live music. Music from my mouth. Is music to my ears.
Download the 320kbps MP3's illegally and I'm good to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Used to just download stuff from dodgy websites but I got spotify premium instead and use that now (feel less guilty lmao)
Taylor swift isn't on spotify though :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went for "other" as it's mostly mp3/aiff/wav etc files ripped from CD rather than downloaded.

I also listen to CDs and vinyl on the stereo from time to time and discover new music by streaming on youtube.
Original post by Gott
Pop music on my phone, classical on CDs

You listen to both pop and classical? That's a pretty odd combination to me.
Original post by Gott
Really? I'd say that was the case for a good proportion of people, it depends how serious a mood I'm in (although you could say that Straus was 18th and 19th century pop music). I listen to it that way round because sound quality doesn't matter so much for it

I didn't know a good proportion of people (not referring to you) listen to classical music much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, sorry this isn't really relevant, but I'm doing my dissertation on the reasons why people listen to music, and if anyone could spare a minute (if that) to complete my questionnaire it'd be really appreciated. Thanks!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gKjI8SR8P6esURERzratb-_-QAI3GV1VMfWMKXJs8wY/viewform
Either via Youtube or my phone :smile:
Reply 11
Was against the whole streaming thing for the longest time due to signal/cutout worries, going with mp3/etcs, but the '99p for 3 months' thing drew me in to Spotify. Now I'm in the ecosystem I'm scared to leave (such convenience). Those sneaky marketers!
>mfw there's no "FLAC via foobar2000" option.

Mp3 and YouTube.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I torrent, download and youtube my music (and use my ipod/itunes)
I used to buy loads of CDs, though, and I've bought loads of merch and gig tickets, so I'm probably neutral overall
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Youtube. I do have a sizable collection on my PC but I only use it when my internet dies.
Reply 16
My iPod, with my ears.
Download the FLAC copies and then convert them to ALAC to add them to iTunes. I've got my entire library sorted perfectly using iTunes.

Quick Reply

Latest