The Student Room Group

How to break up with him over text

Basically I'm not interested in this guy anymore, we've only met up twice and we hadn't spoken in a week and then he texts saying when can we meet up again? I don't want to hurt his feelings but I don't want to meet him again what shall I say in the text! Please hellpppp!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by channies
Basically I'm not interested in this guy anymore, we've only met up twice and we hadn't spoken in a week and then he texts saying when can we meet up again? I don't want to hurt his feelings but I don't want to meet him again what shall I say in the text! Please hellpppp!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not just tell him in person?
Reply 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's very cowardly to text and break up. Phone calling is silly too, if the distance is not far. Just meet him in person, be nice. Let him know the truth. Done.
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I gotta say what's on my mind
Something about us
Doesn't seem right these days

Life keeps getting in the way
Whenever we try, somehow the plan
Is always rearranged

It's so hard to say
But I've gotta do what's best for me
You'll be okay

I've got to move on and be who I am
I just don't belong here, I hope you understand
We might find our place in this world someday
But at least for now, I gotta go my own way
I would at least call up or, even better, meet with him. It wouldn't have to be for long.

Breaking up via text seems quite mean and heartless. Would you feel okay with that if it were the other way around?
Reply 5
Send him this :

I don't want you. I don't want to see you again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by ynattirb
I gotta say what's on my mind
Something about us
Doesn't seem right these days

Life keeps getting in the way
Whenever we try, somehow the plan
Is always rearranged

It's so hard to say
But I've gotta do what's best for me
You'll be okay

I've got to move on and be who I am
I just don't belong here, I hope you understand
We might find our place in this world someday
But at least for now, I gotta go my own way

LOL, i love you man.
To OP, do it in person. You say you don't want to hurt feelings but breaking up over text is the worst way.
Reply 7
Tell him in person. Don't be a cow.
Reply 8
Step 1) Don't.
It's fine to break up over text in my opinion. I don't understand why everyone sees it as extraordinarily harsh?

Something along the lines of

"I had a good time, but I don't want a relationship anymore..."
Posted from TSR Mobile

You've only met twice, are you actually in a relationship? If not it isn't a "break up", just say you think he's nice but you don't see him that way. Or if you want to lie say you're really busy right now, but everyone knows that's crap. You're going to hurt his feelings, because being rejected/dumped hurts.
Just call or meet up with him and say it. You've only had 2 dates, that's clearly not a relationship
Reply 12
Original post by Rock Fan
Why not just tell him in person?

It's weird because it seems simple but it's not really because before when we've said about meeting up and he said he was really keen he would then just not text me for days. The second time we met he said lets see each other tomorrow and agreed and then he didn't text me. So if I were to ask to meet he'd probably say yes and then not meet. We've said to meet loads of times but then he never does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Mankytoes
You've only met twice, are you actually in a relationship? If not it isn't a "break up", just say you think he's nice but you don't see him that way. Or if you want to lie say you're really busy right now, but everyone knows that's crap. You're going to hurt his feelings, because being rejected/dumped hurts.

Yeah sorry we're not actually in a relationship and when we met up once was on a night out with other people and the other was just meeting for drinks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
You have only met twice, so In my opinion that's not really a relationship. Also, it doesnt seem right for you to arrange to meet him, just to then tell him you don't want to meet anymore. I honestly don't think telling him through text is bad, its not cowardly, it makes more sense and doesn't leave you in a awkward situation. :smile:
You've met twice; text is fine. If he's managed to fall head over heels with you in the meantime, more fool him.
You've only had two dates, so it shouldn't be too bad to send him a text?

What about sending this: "Thanks for the few dates, I really enjoyed myself and thought you were a lovely person! Sorry but don't think i'm up for meeting up for another date soon, I'm not ready for anything serious and don't want to lead you on. I've no doubt you'll find another girl soon! Hopefully we can still be friends as i've really enjoyed getting to know you, if it was a few years in the future no doubt i'd be going on another date with you, just not a good time for me."

:biggrin: :biggrin:
2 dates, no chemistry? I think he'll be just fine tbh.
It's simpler than you think:

You are dumped or
I am dumping you or
I am breaking up with you or
It's over or
We're finished or
Us? That doesn't exist anymore or
Let's part

That's just a selection of phrases you can send your loved one via SMS.
It's weird because it seems simple but it's not really because before when we've said about meeting up and he said he was really keen he would then just not text me for days. The second time we met he said lets see each other tomorrow and agreed and then he didn't text me. So if I were to ask to meet he'd probably say yes and then not meet. We've said to meet loads of times but then he never does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the solution then. Just do what he's doing and ignore his texts. You don't have to break up with someone you aren't in a relationship with!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending