The Student Room Group

Friendzone a myth or fact ?

What do you think ?

Usually when you get friendzoned by a girl it means your not boyfriend material and generally she dosent see you as someone who she wants a relationship with.

However some people post online crap that says you can get out of the friendzone and possibly be in a relationship with her. Realistically if she doesnt like you, you are not going to be in a relationship with her are you ?

Myth or fact ?

Scroll to see replies

To me the freindzone is when you've liked her for so long and been there for a lot, and she only sees you as a freind/brother because you've left it so long to grow balls and ask her out.

As for how to get out, I have no idea, seems mythical.
I think the friend zone has some validity - however, it should not be relied upon as a general principle or "axiom" of relationship dynamics.

It is theoretically possible to escape the friend zone - I think that it is something that people who are rejected by a prospective partner choose to believe in, in order to feel better about themselves.
It definitely can exist and I've "escaped" it before. Sometimes girls just don't know consciously that they're attracted to you (could be because they're in a relationship (albeit fading), they like someone else, how you hold your self is not sexual enough so she defaultly thinks you're friend material, etc.).

I actually made a video on it on my youtube a few days ago if you're interested. Or if you want to know more about my case - let me know :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mustard-man
It definitely can exist and I've "escaped" it before. Sometimes girls just don't know consciously that they're attracted to you (could be because they're in a relationship (albeit fading), they like someone else, how you hold your self is not sexual enough so she defaultly thinks you're friend material, etc.).

I actually made a video on it on my youtube a few days ago if you're interested. Or if you want to know more about my case - let me know :smile:

Yeah sure, what the link to your video mate :smile: ?
Original post by IMBCFC
Yeah sure, what the link to your video mate :smile: ?
It's more how to get out rather than the validity of the friendzone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3RFeXp_Saw

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
The friendzone is a myth imo
The friend zone is as real as white girls who like Oriental guys. She is either sexually attracted to you or isn't. That is it.
Reply 8
It just a way of saying she doesn't fancy you and is not up for it, but is prepared to be friends with you provided you can cope with her seeking to shag the arse of someone else. Usually this situation does not change and never if its unrequited love for a very attractive girl. Just occasionally less attractive girls might relent if they get totally desperate for a bf. But this hardly seems like a victory. Just my cynical view.
Reply 9
Original post by Mr Smurf
The friend zone is as real as white girls who like Oriental guys. She is either sexually attracted to you or isn't. That is it.

As constant as Planck.

As regular as the vibrations of quartz.

As predictible as the pulsing of a Neutron star.

Mr Smurf is truly a phenomenon of physical science.
Original post by Mr Smurf

Or emotionally. My point exactly !!
Part myth, part fact, if you're a whiny little bitch (and it is invariably these guys who moan about being in the 'friend zone') then no woman is going to find you attractive.
Original post by IMBCFC
What do you think ?

Usually when you get friendzoned by a girl it means your not boyfriend material and generally she dosent see you as someone who she wants a relationship with.

However some people post online crap that says you can get out of the friendzone and possibly be in a relationship with her. Realistically if she doesnt like you, you are not going to be in a relationship with her are you ?

Myth or fact ?

the friendzone is very real. I can think of many guys in my friendzone. Guys need to just understand that even thought they may think they are perfect, not every girl will like you. Its not even about looks. For me, its more of a personality thing. If I dont like certain aspects of someones personality then I wouldnt want a relationship with them. They will forever be someone I can just be friends with. I feel like so many guys think too much of themselves.
Original post by needsomehelp121
the friendzone is very real. I can think of many guys in my friendzone. Guys need to just understand that even thought they may think they are perfect, not every girl will like you. Its not even about looks. For me, its more of a personality thing. If I dont like certain aspects of someones personality then I wouldnt want a relationship with them. They will forever be someone I can just be friends with. I feel like so many guys think too much of themselves.

So realistically a rejection but not really a painful one. If that happend to me I would actually be friends but also move on to another girls. My main reason is I need to know where I stand.
fact imo and has probably been around for thousands of years.

Just because one fancies the other it doesn't always work both ways.
Original post by GuitarWizard

exactly!
Original post by GuitarWizard

So its not just an excuse
Original post by IMBCFC
So its not just an excuse

:confused: What's not an excuse?
Original post by IMBCFC
What do you think ?

Myth or fact ?

I am here to confirm it is a fact. I had the bad luck to have guy friends fall for me - so I had to friendzone them, because they were good friends material (and that actually means a lot more to me). All of them are now ok.

On the never say never principle, I wouldn't say somebody can't get out of the friendzone, but personally I am only able to lose interest along the way, never gain it if it's not there from the start.
Reply 19
Original post by IMBCFC
What do you think ?

Myth or fact ?

Depends on how you enter your first relation with them. If you go in for a 'romantic' relationship, then there will, and is, no friend-zone. If you have relatively low to average market value, then becoming friends and trying to be more than friends is going to cause a dynamic. Rather work in numbers and don't **** where you eat.

Quick Reply

Latest