The Student Room Group

Share your weekly workout routine.

Ok I'll start. I lift.

Monday : medium bench, squat
Tuesday : deadlift

Thursday : heavy bench and squat

Saturday : light bench and deadlift

The squat and deadlift both go in the same cycle of medium, heavy and light add the bench but only 2/3rds of a cycle per week. It's set up to be a light squat before a heavy deadlift.

Working very well atm.

Scroll to see replies

Monday
Wednesday/Thursday
Friday/Saturday

Squat every workout.

Snatch pull variation

Until I started heavy rep squatting I'd also do a clean pull variation. (Dropped ATM because I don't want to over tax my lower back)

Accessory work (light good mornings, maybe some ab work)

Mobility (ankle stretching, shoulders) and SMR.
Reply 2
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Sit down and work :biggrin:
I only exercise for 30 mins before I go sleep, that's it. :sadnod:
Original post by Motorbiker
x.

do you not do any accessory work?
Wednesday
Shoulders and back

Saturday
Chest and legs

:smile:
Original post by morgan8002
My rough weekly workout at the moment:

Monday: STEP, FP4
Tuesday: STEP, M2, FP2, FP4
Wednesday: STEP
Thursday: STEP, FP2, FP3, FP4
Friday: STEP, S2, FP2, FP4
Saturday: STEP, FP4, basic undergraduate study
Sunday: STEP, FP4, basic undergraduate study

Inb4 burn out.
Give yourself a break. I'd leave the undergraduate stuff too, its just unnecessary.
Reply 6

Good luck with that
Bed or lecture x 7 days a week atm

Injured life

Original post by SmashConcept
Wednesday
Shoulders and back

Saturday
Chest and legs

I was training that low frequency last year, surely a more Full body approach would better suit? :smile:
I'm not going to burn out. I really enjoy maths and will be careful.
I'm ok. It's really fun and I have to practise if I am to get the grades I want. I'm not serious with the undergraduate stuff, it's just a few hours per week and I'm enjoying learning the new concepts.

Thanks.

Cambridge or Warwick?
I basically got my a-level maths modules to the point that I knew them well enough and then used all of my maths lessons to do step questions. I did have the bonus of only having m2/fp2/fp3 exams in June though - knowing what I needed to reach the a-level half of my offer took away a lot of pressure.

With the ug stuff are you focusing on concepts or are you looking at proofs?
Mon- Sun watch netflix and eat pizza
Original post by Tinglay
do you not do any accessory work?

Yea but I was too lazy to list it tbh.

I do pause Squats and front squats alternately.

I do a wide grip bench (maximum legal width since my usual grip is too close to bother with close grip) one day, four second pause and slingshot work another and shoulders on the other.

Deadlifts I do rows, shrugs, cable rows, lat pulldown etc one day and 18" deadlifts the other.

Throw in arms and facepulls and that's a good description without me actually checking my blog.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot to mention that my gym workout was supersetted with getting a first in a masters degree from a decent uni for the last four years.

Now it's just alongside my full time job in industry.

These things are not mutually exclusive. As someone that's interviewed graduates we turned down the people that did nothing but study for years, no part time jobs or hobbies etc.

Why come into this thread? Seriously? To make yourself feel clever over all the meatheads? Oh wait, the others I know that lift are all at decent unis or one has just graduated from Cambridge.
Original post by SmashConcept
Wednesday
Shoulders and back

Saturday
Chest and legs

You need to either go more often or start doing full body workouts if you want to get the most out of these sessions.

What are your aims? Strength? Aesthetics?
Monday - bodyweight circuit
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - pull workout (back and bi)
Thursday - sprints and legs
Friday - rest
Saturday - push workout (chest,tri,shoulder)
Sunday - 10k run and legs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
When to do what is a work in progress just now, current plan
M bench and legs
T taekwondo
W explosive lower and back
T taekwondo
F
S bench and upper assistance
S
Original post by BKS
When to do what is a work in progress just now, current plan
M bench and legs
T taekwondo
W explosive lower and back
T taekwondo
F
S bench and upper assistance
S

Seems busy start of the week and an overly easy end.

No legs again on Saturday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Seems busy start of the week and an overly easy end.

No legs again on Saturday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Overly easy is more about time, there's other stuff I want and need to do at weekends. It'd be nice to space things more evenly but I'd be making life more difficult than it needs to be.

Legs need the rest for now, hopefully it'll change as I get better conditioned for taekwondo. The other day I was doing cleans with 40/50kg and could feel it on my quads, never really felt a clean anywhere before.
Original post by BKS
Overly easy is more about time, there's other stuff I want and need to do at weekends. It'd be nice to space things more evenly but I'd be making life more difficult than it needs to be.

Legs need the rest for now, hopefully it'll change as I get better conditioned for taekwondo. The other day I was doing cleans with 40/50kg and could feel it on my quads, never really felt a clean anywhere before.

Fair enough. How about some light Fronties on Saturday?

I only train Saturday because the gf works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need to either go more often or start doing full body workouts if you want to get the most out of these sessions.

What are your aims? Strength? Aesthetics?

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Warwick or Bath. I'll fail GCSE English, so I need amazing grades in all of my A-levels and STEP to have a chance of getting in. I don't know what grades exactly I'll need. I'll email them soon asking them what I'd need for them to accept me. If it's attainable, eg. A*A*A*AA, 1, 2, 2 I'll work as hard as I can to get in. If they ask for something like A*A*A*A*A*, S, S, S I wouldn't make the offer and would have to take a gap year. At the moment I have 18 exams, but depending on the offer I might do M3 as well.

I'm looking at both. Proof would be useful for STEP, so I'll probably focus more on that as the exams get closer.

Blimey hahaha, I got a Morse offer for Warwick A*AA no step, plus already got A* in maths :smile: but you seem to do a lot of work and I haven't done work after school for two months plus been off school :frown: need to pick up work as I've been focusing on exercise and diet too much lately

Quick Reply

Latest