The Student Room Group

Best way to setup heavy incline db presses?

Do you kick them both back at once or one a time?

How far on your legs do you set them up at? At your knees?

So far I am kicking them one back at a time with them set up on my knees, but it always leave the second one in limbo while I get the first into position. I've tried kicking them both back same time, but it's iffy.
Sit on the bench, rest them on your belly as high as you can tilted away from you, then let your body fall back and curl them up at the same time. It's easy. I guess if your incline is super high then it doesn't work, in that case kick them up one at a time. Kicking both up at the same time will never ever work.
Either curl like Smash concept suggests, or get into position with them on your knees and kick one up at a time or if you're fearless do both. I can do both on my higher rep stuff, but heavier (5 rep ish) then I kick one up at a time.
I have them on my knees and kick both up at the same time as I lay down, all one motion.
I sort of give them a little nudge with my knees and curl them up the rest of the way, but then my curl strength is abnormally high in comparison to my pressing strength - my DB pressing strength is of course more than my curling strength, but not by all that much and with a little momentum from the knees, I can curl them up to my shoulders rather easily.
Once in a blue moon when I do incline DB press or shoulder press I'll kick and hammer curl one up and then get a pass up for the other. Got to the point now where I'm not strong enough to get both into position.
Firstly i deadlift them off the floor at the sides of the body, or if im going super heavy i ask someone to pass them onto my quads. Depending on how strong your arms are in comparison to your chest, i think the easiest way is to sort of curl/small kick up with both at the same time as you go to lie back and then once you have them resting on your chest for a second you can proceed to the first rep.

Quick Reply

Latest