The Student Room Group

A-Level AQA Spanish Oral Exam Prep

Hi, my spanish AS oral is in 3 months (which I know sounds far away), but I am really stressed about it. My teacher has explained the process of the exam to us all, but it just seems like so much. I get incredibly stressed and nervous just thinking about the oral exam because I dont feel comfortable on all the topics we have to cover for it - I have notes on all topics, good and bad points about them all. Also, i dont really know how to revise/prepare for it effectively.
Any advice and tips would be much appreciated :smile:
Thanks
Hi,

You shouldn't be worried if you already have notes on the topics. you just have to remember key points for each one. A good idea that worked for me at AS is to practice with other people in your class as it naturally encourages and improves your speaking ability. This will improve your confidence which will help you perform better. With revision of the things you want to say, by the time your exam comes you will be fine. Hope this helps!

Joe
Original post by ekenyon22
Hi, my spanish AS oral is in 3 months (which I know sounds far away), but I am really stressed about it. My teacher has explained the process of the exam to us all, but it just seems like so much. I get incredibly stressed and nervous just thinking about the oral exam because I dont feel comfortable on all the topics we have to cover for it - I have notes on all topics, good and bad points about them all. Also, i dont really know how to revise/prepare for it effectively.
Any advice and tips would be much appreciated :smile:
Thanks

Believe me I know how you feel! It's extremely hard to do well in the oral because exam boards (cough cough AQA) in general want responses to be developed but not seem scripted, you may have excellent Spanish in terms of vocab and content etc, but they may think it's too scripted and lower your grade! It's so upsetting, my AS oral is also in a few months!:afraid:
Hi,

We have been language assistants and we have supported students with their oral exams. We have witnessed how teachers asked their students to memorise the answers and deliver a scripted conversation pretending it was not. Of course, we are against that. Our advice is that you practise as much as you can. Practise with your classmates as already suggested or with the language assistant if you school has one. Alternatively, contact us by direct message and we can get you in touch with native speakers. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending