The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Society considers it's weird.

The law says you'd best not get inside her knickers until she's 16.

Be friends, don't date her before her 16th birthday.

Do not get yourself in a position where you could be accused of having a sexual relationship with her before then.

If you can both be patient, by the time she's 16 everyone will assume you two are made for each other.
(edited 9 years ago)
when shes 20 and you're 22 it'll be fine
maybe even when shes 18 and you're 20
Don't do it mate :P
It's 2 years, just don't anything naughty.
I'd say yes and you probably shouldnt unless you know you can stay away from doing anything naughty for two years
Not to paint them all with the same brush but even when I was 16 I found 14 year olds mega irritating...I wouldn't do it for that reason alone, not to mention the kinda weirdness it is for such an age gap at that age
I'd strongly advise against it, you can stay friends but just make sure you don't get too close.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Society and a lot of people would judge you + remember she won't be emotionally mature as you, but if you're both ''in love'' and won't do anything illegal, then go for it really and screw society.
Original post by Lewchesh
So i am here today to ask.. Is it weird or wrong to date a 14 year old girl in year 9 (uk)
I am 16 (17 in june). And am currently at college.

Please give me your opinions and answers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's definitely NOT weird dude. Age is just a number
Reply 9
Original post by theTeddyBearx
It's definitely NOT weird dude. Age is just a number

And the law is just words on paper...

Prison is just a room....
nope. I don't think it's weird at all. most people, girls and boys, enter puberty during the ages of 12-13, so sex in this respect isn't an issue. the age gap is only 2 years. I've had an age gap of nearly 4 years before (17 and 20/21)
Original post by AdamCee
And the law is just words on paper...

Prison is just a room....

I didn't finish off what I was meant to type

...Age is just a number

...unless the girl is young enough to be your daughter or the boy is old enough to be your dad

Basically the age gap shouldn't be massively huge
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zippity.doodah
nope. I don't think it's weird at all. most people, girls and boys, enter puberty during the ages of 12-13, so sex in this respect isn't an issue. the age gap is only 2 years. I've had an age gap of nearly 4 years before (17 and 20/21)

Thing is though, your relationship you were both legal.

With him, he is legal and she isn't. So if something happened and her parents found out or something...

While I don't think it's weird personally, could get you into a lot of **** OP
Original post by AdamCee
Thing is though, your relationship you were both legal.

With him, he is legal and she isn't. So if something happened and her parents found out or something...

While I don't think it's weird personally, could get you into a lot of **** OP

"the law" isnt a logical authority here, seeing as just because something is illegal that doesn't logically make it immoral. but if we're taking the law into account, they (the cops) won't give a crap really (they've got more important issues to sort out) and there's never going to be evidence of sexual intercourse for a court of law to consider
(edited 9 years ago)
"the law" isnt a logical authority here, seeing as just because something is illegal that doesn't logically make it immoral. but if we're taking the law into account, they (the cops) won't give a crap really (they've got more important issues to sort out) and there's never going to be evidence of sexual intercourse for a court of law to consider

Well it depends. If the parents are completely against what happened and press charges for example, it's still engaging in underage sex so surely he would be?

And with evidence, again I'm not exactly an expert so could be completely wrong, but does the judge not generally lean in favour of the female?
Original post by AdamCee
Well it depends. If the parents are completely against what happened and press charges for example, it's still engaging in underage sex so surely he would be?

And with evidence, again I'm not exactly an expert so could be completely wrong, but does the judge not generally lean in favour of the female?

no, I was saying there wouldn't possibly be evidence of the crime (sleeping with a minor) unless they put video cameras in their bed room or something
no, I was saying there wouldn't possibly be evidence of the crime (sleeping with a minor) unless they put video cameras in their bed room or something

But even without evidence - isn't there a chance he could still be prosecuted, based purely on what she was saying?

If not, I'm very misinformed ahah
Original post by AdamCee
But even without evidence - isn't there a chance he could still be prosecuted, based purely on what she was saying?

If not, I'm very misinformed ahah

well I'm assuming a court of law wouldn't convict if thy have literally no evidence of a crime, and claims of crimes aren't actionable
Tbh there's no reason to think this is wrong, you're probably just as immature and clueless as she is.
In the eyes of an outdated law written in an era where sex education wasn't up to scratch, it's wrong. Which makes it illegal. Morally however, providing you're both OK with it and mature enough to know what you want I don't see why it should be a problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending