The Student Room Group

He doesn't care!

Hi

I have been with a guy for a while, he is 23. Two weeks ago my Grandma died, I am pretty gutted at the fact my Granny died as I was really close to her and she was a big part of my life.

The thing is since this happened I'm starting to doubt if the guy I'm seeing cares about me as much as he has said in the past he does. When it happened and I told him he was pretty sympathetic about it but lately he's been upsetting me and making me feel worse.

When I was at her funeral after party thing (which he knew about) he was constantly texting me, even though I wasn't replying, he was texting me telling me how horny he was, then when I replied with ''I'm at my Grannies funeral!!!!!'' I got a reply saying ''How long do you think you are going to be, come over after?'', so I turned my phone off.

I didn't speak to him for a couple of days then he text me we had some small talk and he asked me how I was feeling, I said I was still feeling quite low and he said to me ''You need to cheer up!!!!''. At that point i just didn't bother to text him back and I haven't since despite him trying to contact me.

I'm sad and a little confused about what to do, he's my boyfriend and yeah I'm confused TSR.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Clearly an insensitive guy and only wants to get his dick wet.
Original post by Reeeeyah
Hi

I have been with a guy for a while, he is 23. Two weeks ago my Grandma died, I am pretty gutted at the fact my Granny died as I was really close to her and she was a big part of my life.

The thing is since this happened I'm starting to doubt if the guy I'm seeing cares about me as much as he has said in the past he does. When it happened and I told him he was pretty sympathetic about it but lately he's been upsetting me and making me feel worse.

When I was at her funeral after party thing (which he knew about) he was constantly texting me, even though I wasn't replying, he was texting me telling me how horny he was, then when I replied with ''I'm at my Grannies funeral!!!!!'' I got a reply saying ''How long do you think you are going to be, come over after?'', so I turned my phone off.

I didn't speak to him for a couple of days then he text me we had some small talk and he asked me how I was feeling, I said I was still feeling quite low and he said to me ''You need to cheer up!!!!''. At that point i just didn't bother to text him back and I haven't since despite him trying to contact me.

I'm sad and a little confused about what to do, he's my boyfriend and yeah I'm confused TSR.

What a horrible guy your boyfriend is, I am surprised you are still with him.
Reply 3
If I were you, I'd dump him immediately.
Reply 4
Original post by Rock Fan
What a horrible guy your boyfriend is, I am surprised you are still with him.

I didn't know if it's because I'm feeling a bit weird since it happened that I'm being extra sensitive or if he's saying them things because he wants to be there for me and just can't express it? idk but it's making me even more sad than I already am :frown:
I didn't know if it's because I'm feeling a bit weird since it happened that I'm being extra sensitive or if he's saying them things because he wants to be there for me and just can't express it? idk but it's making me even more sad than I already am :frown:

Wooh what hang on, you are going through a loss and all he can text you to say he is horny and wants sex? then asks you to cheer up, sorry but any decent guy would not do that.
Reply 6
Original post by Rock Fan
Wooh what hang on, you are going through a loss and all he can text you to say he is horny and wants sex? then asks you to cheer up, sorry but any decent guy would not do that.

Yeah you're right I suppose.

My heads just a bit pickled at the minute.
Yeah you're right I suppose.

My heads just a bit pickled at the minute.

Well it is no surprised your head is all over a place. But the fact is you say he's making you feel worse, I don't class that a good boyfriend at all, far from it. I'd personally dump him, never mind just continue not to talk to him for a while.
I would consider breaking up with him.

He asked if you can sleep with him later despite knowing you're at a funeral- does it sound like he cares about you?
You seem to like him though.

Talk to him and give him a chance to explain himself?

It's unlikely he has a legit explanation, but it might make it easier to break up with him.
Reply 10
Original post by Splenge007
You seem to like him though.

Talk to him and give him a chance to explain himself?

It's unlikely he has a legit explanation, but it might make it easier to break up with him.

I do, I really like him and I don't understand why he's being such an inconsiderate ********!!!!
What a plum
1. He's using you
2. He's only interested in getting laid
3. He will feign sympathy to get what he wants
4. The truth hurts but it is what it is
5. How do I know this? I'm a man.

Next time you're with him and talking to him see if he does the whole 'yeah' and nodding his head thing. If he does, he's not actually listening to you. He's just putting up with you and pretending to listen.
I do, I really like him and I don't understand why he's being such an inconsiderate ********!!!!

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Whatever his true reasons are, I don't think you should hear them now. You haven't gotten over him so it's gonna hurt a lot.

Ask him why he was being insensitive, make him know he'll lose you if he doesn't have a good answer. If he tries to win you back and save himself, then he's realized he doesn't wanna lose you. If he doesn't seem too bothered, then seeing that will give you enough reason to break up with him. It might make you feel better, too, knowing someone who obviously isn't good to you out of your life or thinking 'what if's, 'what if he had a real reason?' If he does he has to tell you when you talk to him :smile:

Hope this helps
I think you should call him out on what an insensitive child he's being, and see what he says to that.
He will probably not say anything that she will like... I know from my own relationship. Seems like a description of my boyfriend, he just doesn't care. I strongly believe it is the same in this situation.

Don't think too much and just break up with him. I am not strong enough to do that so I'm suffering from his bad behavior for nearly a year (we are together for 2 years in February).

This is one of the situation when you actually know the truth but still choose to wear the 'pink' glasses because you like him too much, or you're afraid of being alone, endless reasons...
Woah that does seem pretty messed up. I mean he needs to be more considerate & realise that your gran is the priority at this moment in time not him. I think you need to have a little chat tbh.
I never like this whole thing where everybody says dump the bf online, becuase i am uncomfortable influencing a decision on a relationship which i know nothing about, and know nothing about the man.

But that is some insensitive **** right there. Have a serious talk with him.
Upon receiving word of my father's passing, my then-girlfriend travelled three hours by train to console me. Frankly, your boyfriend sounds like a sociopath.

Just remember that;

Actions speak louder than words.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending