The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

What is Royal Holloway like?

I'm looking at doing an MSc in Biological Sciences at Royal Holloway for this year. What is the university like? What are the students like? Does it have the feel of a top university for facilities and environment? Is there a high intake from private schools like Harrow?
Reply 1
It does have quite a high intake from private schools, yes- I went to a public school, and I know some people who did. I think it's something like a quarter of the people.

The students are all mostly friendly, once you find your niche. It can be clique-y at times, but joining societies and so forth helps- if you have time while doing a masters.

It's difficult to tell whether it has the feel of a top uni, since this I have nothing in my experience to compare it to, but I can certainly confirm that the environment feels very... academic. Whether this holds true for the sciences is another matter, though- we history students require few facilities :tongue:.

The uni itself is exceedingly pleasant. Founders is a lovely building (though the rest of the architecture is rather drab 60s brutalism, on the whole), and the whole place has a rather relaxed and cosy atmosphere. It's been a pleasant 2.5 years here thus far :tongue:.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Does the uni have a strong lad culture, which is common in top universities?
Reply 3
I made a pros and cons of Royal Holloway video as I thought it might help prospective students, feel free to check it out and ask me any questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending