The Student Room Group

BA and Bsc Psychology

Hi, I'm wondering that, do you really need science subjects to get Bsc degree for Psychology? My subjects are Psychology, Sociology and Business Studies. I was worried that I might not get to do Psychology because of the A level subjects I took. And If I can't get Bsc, where can I get into BA psychology courses? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Original post by Izzati Firzanah
Hi, I'm wondering that, do you really need science subjects to get Bsc degree for Psychology? My subjects are Psychology, Sociology and Business Studies. I was worried that I might not get to do Psychology because of the A level subjects I took. And If I can't get Bsc, where can I get into BA psychology courses? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

as can be seen below not every uni requires an additional science so you need to research unis thoroughly before applying. I assume you are studying in year 12 if so consider biology or maths as level next year. you could also stay another year and do these as an additional a level or as a gap year or possibly unis might offer a foundation course to give you the appropriate science skills. check the entry requirements on ucas and apply only to unis that don't require an additional science a level
The University of Birmingham will make offers based on the following qualifications individually and when they are combined with others

GCE A Level

AAA - AAB Typical offer

Specific subjects excluded for entry:Applied Science and Citizenship Studies and Communication & Culture and Critical Thinking and General Studies and Science in Society and World Development.

Information:Typical offer of AAB for applicants taking at least one of the following: Psychology, Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics. The typical offer for applicants who are not taking any of those subjects is AAA.

I don't do sciences at A-Level, I do Psychology, Philosophy and English lang&lit but I've still been accepted for Bsc courses

I did Biology at AS but dropped it as I got an E

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
I don't do sciences at A-Level, I do Psychology, Philosophy and English lang&lit but I've still been accepted for Bsc courses

I did Biology at AS but dropped it as I got an E

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? then theres a chance! I'm so relieved. Which universities did you get accepted to?
Oh really? then theres a chance! I'm so relieved. Which universities did you get accepted to?

Birmingham(my firm), Lincoln(insurance), Newcastle, Nottingham and Aston

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really not worth doing a BA (unless oxbridge as this is just a formality) as it won't be BPS accredited.

Quick Reply

Latest