The Student Room Group
Reply 1
First year the only presentations we had to give were in German lang class. These were twice a year, and lasted 10 minutes. Less a presentation though and more of a speech and discussion.

Second year we've got presentations in nearly every module, and they're worth 20% of our grade in the modules. Done in seminars.

What they're on, depends entirely on the module.

For example, I did one that was entitled "What does freedom mean in the context of Kabale und Liebe"

and my next one is

"How does psychoanalysis work?"

Both are for German. Oh and have another German 10 min speech to give. The topic is of our choosing.
Reply 2
Fleece
First year the only presentations we had to give were in German lang class. These were twice a year, and lasted 10 minutes. Less a presentation though and more of a speech and discussion.

Second year we've got presentations in nearly every module, and they're worth 20% of our grade in the modules. Done in seminars.

What they're on, depends entirely on the module.

For example, I did one that was entitled "What does freedom mean in the context of Kabale und Liebe"

and my next one is

"How does psychoanalysis work?"

Both are for German. Oh and have another German 10 min speech to give. The topic is of our choosing.

Hmm... how do you find doing the presentations?
Reply 3
We do one or two a year per language, usually as the oral exam and maybe a mock exam in class. I used to hate talking in class and they're still a bit scary but everyone's in the same boat and it's only a few minutes of your life at the end of the day...

Lauren xxx
Reply 4
wesetters
We have to do at least 1 presentation a week, usually relating to newspapers or the media. about 10 minutes each.

Gosh. I suppose you get used to it though.

rainbow84uk
We do one or two a year per language, usually as the oral exam and maybe a mock exam in class. I used to hate talking in class and they're still a bit scary but everyone's in the same boat and it's only a few minutes of your life at the end of the day...

Lauren xxx

I know at the end, whenever I've finished doing a small talk or something, I always wonder what I was worrying about so much for. The time tends to go by so quickly once you get down to it. It doesn't stop me getting so nervous beforehand though, everytime.
Reply 5
katejones55

I know at the end, whenever I've finished doing a small talk or something, I always wonder what I was worrying about so much for. The time tends to go by so quickly once you get down to it. It doesn't stop me getting so nervous beforehand though, everytime.

:ditto:
I'm even worse before oral exams, but I've found breathing exercises really help calm me down. You breathe in through one nostril (hold the other one closed!) for 6 seconds, hold the breath in for 3 seconds and then release through the other nostril for 6 seconds. Really works! Only don't repeat it too many times or you get an oxygen high!! :biggrin: :smile:
Reply 6
Becca
:ditto:
I'm even worse before oral exams, but I've found breathing exercises really help calm me down. You breathe in through one nostril (hold the other one closed!) for 6 seconds, hold the breath in for 3 seconds and then release through the other nostril for 6 seconds. Really works! Only don't repeat it too many times or you get an oxygen high!! :biggrin: :smile:

Ooh, thanks for that tip!

Latest

Trending

Trending