The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Dannyboi786
Iv still not heard anything and I did mine middle of March ������

I still haven't heard back either and I applied at beginning of March. I wonder if we're unsuccessful :frown:
Reply 61
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone has had an interview yet for the Civil Service Apprenticeship and could tell me what kind of questions they asked? Or just any information about the assessment day because I am most definitely freaking out a bit! Thanks

Mariana
Original post by crhiannw
I still haven't heard back either and I applied at beginning of March. I wonder if we're unsuccessful :frown:

I hope there is an answer either way at least. What area are looking at?
I haven't heard back either, applying for Cardiff, I'll let you guys know if I get any email from them.
Reply 64
I've had an email back saying I was successful and that I have been invited to the assessment centre. When I went to book a timeslot though it just shows "no slots available."??? Tried calling and emailing but no reply :/
We do not care about your success!
Only kidding, I read on the 2013 or 14 thread someone had that happen to them but they didn't post any updates if I'm recalling correctly, hopefully you'll be sorted soon.
Original post by rafanadal
Anyone applied for commercial in the Midlands? I have my assessment day on Friday (afternoon) I'm so nervous! Good luck to everyone who has applied!!! :smile:

That's the one I applied for, I quite believe that I haven't got it since I haven't heard back yet :frown:
I went for my session on Monday morning, just ensure you CV is current.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by londonkid2015
I went for my session on Monday morning, just ensure you CV is current.Posted from TSR Mobile

What questions were you asked in the interview? Were they based around the competencies? Thanks :smile:
I have my assessment day on Tuesday in Newcastle, I'm curious as to what I should expect from the exercises mentioned in the email!
I know I applied for fast track but can't remember what exactly :P
I was going to apply for this then it asked for 2 references which is impossible for me due to my personal circumstances. Seemed contradictory seeing as they say that they try to help people who are NEET. A lot of people NEET will not have references like that. I just forgot about it in the end.

Anyway good luck to everyone here.
Original post by Ambrosia_angel
I was going to apply for this then it asked for 2 references which is impossible for me due to my personal circumstances. Seemed contradictory seeing as they say that they try to help people who are NEET. A lot of people NEET will not have references like that. I just forgot about it in the end.

Anyway good luck to everyone here.

I had the same issue and phoned up Capita to query it. The references could be teachers from school and a personal reference from a professional (i.e. doctor).
How was the interview? i have mine on friday at 12;20?
Original post by Shivvy1
I think there is only one for up north as I applied for business admin in leeds and Sheffield, and my interview is at half 12 at quarry house in leeds today I know they are interviewing tomorrow there as well

how did your interview go? I have mine in leeds as well on Friday.
Reply 74
Original post by russellb2010
how did your interview go? I have mine in leeds as well on Friday.

I'm not gonna lie, the sessions will drain you, the written exercise is difficult it's time management and priority based so be prepared, the interviews are ok as long as you handle competency based interviews well and the group exercise is a walk in the park as long as you are confident, good luck with it though. The interviewers and staff there are lovely and put you right at ease. Let us know how you get on
Reply 75
Original post by Shivvy1
I'm not gonna lie, the sessions will drain you, the written exercise is difficult it's time management and priority based so be prepared, the interviews are ok as long as you handle competency based interviews well and the group exercise is a walk in the park as long as you are confident, good luck with it though. The interviewers and staff there are lovely and put you right at ease. Let us know how you get on

Hi, I have my assessment day next week and I was wondering whether you could give me any more info on how your day went-what questions did they ask you, what was the written exercise about and what you had to do in the group exercise. As much information as possible would be great! Thanks
Original post by QuietlyConfident
I had the same issue and phoned up Capita to query it. The references could be teachers from school and a personal reference from a professional (i.e. doctor).

Thats good. I found out about it quite late so I didn't have time to do that. Even then I'm studying at home and the GP that knows me has just recently left my practice. I only have a family friend. Plus a library volunteer reference who I haven't known for two years. Only a few months. I'm not surprised that its a government scheme that has to be so contradictory :rolleyes: oh well lol

How have you found apply for apprenticeships? Has it been easy or hard? Right now I have 11 saved that I'm gonna start applying for tonight. Includes IT and the TFL one. I apply for barclays and they rejected me straight away..
Where are you finding them too? I'm having difficulty locating them!
Original post by Ambrosia_angel
Thats good. I found out about it quite late so I didn't have time to do that. Even then I'm studying at home and the GP that knows me has just recently left my practice. I only have a family friend. Plus a library volunteer reference who I haven't known for two years. Only a few months. I'm not surprised that its a government scheme that has to be so contradictory :rolleyes: oh well lol

How have you found apply for apprenticeships? Has it been easy or hard? Right now I have 11 saved that I'm gonna start applying for tonight. Includes IT and the TFL one. I apply for barclays and they rejected me straight away..

I'm actually currently doing a Business Administration apprenticeship (Level 2), which is why I've applied for the Operational Delivery scheme (Level 3). Happy to answer any questions about apprenticeships in general.

Original post by charleywarley
Where are you finding them too? I'm having difficulty locating them!

Have you used the https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchingservice.lsc.gov.uk/navms/Forms/Candidate/VisitorLanding.aspx to find the various vacancies in your area?

I've thoroughly enjoyed the last year and a half on my current scheme; I'd recommend Apprenticeships as a whole as a good alternative to Uni. I tried Uni twice and didn't get on with it at all, but I've come forward leaps and bounds since doing this Apprenticeship.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shivvy1

Thanks for the reply. I've read online that they're quite draining :/ what is the written exercise? Also what kind of interview questions are they, I know they're competency based but how are they worded? I will let you know how i get on tomorrow. Also did you do the etray exercise? Hope you get the result you want.

Quick Reply

Latest