The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

I've got an interview for the 27th, midday, down in London for a finance apprenticeship. Anybody else going down on the day?xx
Reply 121
Original post by AndersonRN
Bring absolutely everything mentioned in the email, make sure the passport photo says that it is a true likeness of yourself, they're pretty stringent.

It says the passport photo needs to be signed and dated by a "person of standing" to confirm that it is a true likeness. So who could that be?
Original post by Sa-95
It says the passport photo needs to be signed and dated by a "person of standing" to confirm that it is a true likeness. So who could that be?

Most professionals and government people; medical workers, police, teachers, directors of businesses.. I referred to the government issued list of who can be a person on standing for passport photos, a quick Google will help.

Make sure it's signed, dated and has something to say it's a true likeness, I didn't know I had to get them to write it's a true likeness so they asked me to rectify that and post it to them :-/
Anybody that's already had an assessment: is a dress/skirt and/or heels suitable? I don't know what to expect! Also, how long is each session? Is there a lot of waiting around between sessions?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Has anyone in Scotland had an interview or interview date yet?
Original post by paisley10
Has anyone in Scotland had an interview or interview date yet?

Hi,

I have an interview lined up on the 7th. Did you get an offer for one?
Unfortunately not. I have not heard anything since doing the online tests.
I haven't heard anything since doing the online tests either, not sure if that means bad news or not
Reply 128

Hi,

I have an interview lined up on the 7th. Did you get an offer for one?

Me too! Glasgow? Seems so long away but we won't even hear the outcome till June.

Good luck to those who haven't got the assessment date yet! I thought I absolutely bombed the online tests as I done it after a long shift and left numerical to last so I couldn't even read a sentence by that point so I'm sure there's hope yet.

Anyone know what the 45 minute written test will be on?
(edited 9 years ago)
I thought I'd bombed the tests as well, looking back I don't think I did too bad all together, hopefully enough to get an assessment :smile:
I thought my performance on the tests was abysmal actually. Hence, you can all imagine my reaction (utter shock) when I received an invite to the assessment center.

Good luck to those of you who received their invitations to go to the assessment centers. If you haven't, chin up, dust yourself off and move on to the next one- your future is bright.
When speaking to the guys at the assessment centre there is supposed to be loads more interviews going out over the next month so if you haven't had a reply yet I wouldn't worry too much they'll just be doing it in groups :smile:
Not heard a word back yet, or seen or done any tests or anything. I'm applying under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme.. so fingers crossed for something soon...!
Original post by Miyata
I have received an email today at 1pm inviting me to the assessment centre in Manchester, but when I tried booking it at on the same day at 9pm it said No slots available... Is it the same for anyone else? I emailed them ASAP, kinda scared now that I won't get my assessment at Manchester anymore since it says "no slots available" and not letting me choose anything...

Did you get this resolved? The same has just happened to me.
Reply 134
Hello, anyone attending the Assessment Centre received a handbook or anything about the day? I only know it's an interview, written exercise and group exercise for thought there would be more info. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Reply 135
Original post by Miyata
By the way guys, what kind of documentation you need to bring with you? I read the email and the attached file, but just wanted to make sure.

Do I actually need to bring a signed photo by a professional, or is that just one of the options? I cannot bring my passport because I applied for something and it is in HM now, should be getting it back in june or so.

I thought of bringing obviously my GCSE and a-level certificates, provisional driving license (and paper part), recent payslip and a bank statement.

Do you think that is enough to cover everything?

Hi, I've got my assessment day on Wednesday in London but didn't receive an attached file to download with information, I'm concerned as I know some people have.

What does it say in the pack? You able to send it to me please to have a look at?? Good luck!
Reply 136
Original post by christophaw
When speaking to the guys at the assessment centre there is supposed to be loads more interviews going out over the next month so if you haven't had a reply yet I wouldn't worry too much they'll just be doing it in groups :smile:

Relieved to hear that, as I completed my tests almost immediately at the beginning of March but have not heard anything since, are you sure that they are still inviting people to the assessment center?
Original post by Ozzy22
Relieved to hear that, as I completed my tests almost immediately at the beginning of March but have not heard anything since, are you sure that they are still inviting people to the assessment center?

I received an invite today. When I tried to book a a slot it says there are none available.
Reply 138
Original post by DanielleWills
I received an email today stating that I'm through to the assessment centre stage in London. I'll be going in on the 27th of April at 9:00am... IM SO NERVOUS!

Hi how was it? Hope it went well!
Reply 139
Original post by Ang011295
I've got an interview for the 27th, midday, down in London for a finance apprenticeship. Anybody else going down on the day?xx

Hi how was it? Hope it went well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending