The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art : Interviews 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi Katerniafo and anastasiagg! I am also waiting.....I applied to Textiles and was told the 13th but theres been no email :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by katerinafo
Hi guys!

I have applied for the Visual Communication MA and I still haven't got an email for an interview and I am getting quite bummed.I thought that everyone would get a possible invitation exactly on Feb 13th ,but I stumbled on this forum and saw that people have been getting invitations for days!:frown: Has anyone here applied to Vis Com?

Hey, I applied to vis com and haven't received any email about interview neither!
just....wait
Guys it's the 14th,so I suppose we won't be getting any invitations..Better luck next time..
Any Moving Image applicants? Got an interview on March 2.
Reply 44
Surely they still should let us know if we didnt make the interview? Applied for visual comm too and still havent heard anything.....
Reply 45
Hi there! I have an interview too for the MOving Image pathway. I applied through the Sculpture programme and I 've been said that this an interview ONLY for the MOving Image. Bit confused whether I have to attend two interviews or not. Good luck to you :smile:
Reply 46
Hi. Does anyone know if I need to show works from my portfolio during a skype interview? I know people who go for face-to-face interviews bring their actual works, but what about skype interview? Any ideas? Or did anyone heard about what to prepare for skype interviews?
I suppose everyone in the Vis Com MA has got an email explaining a delay by now..Anxiety persists!
Hi Is there anyone who have received a interview offer for the Curating Contemporary Art program? I am trying to find more information on Internet and it is so cool to find all of you here! I will have an interview due on 9 March and maybe we can work together! XD

Good luck to us!
Reply 49
Original post by katerinafo
I suppose everyone in the Vis Com MA has got an email explaining a delay by now..Anxiety persists!

any further update??:confused::confused:
I got an interview for vis com on the 9th of March! :smile: Any advise on how much work to bring along? what the interview is like? Do they prefer a physical or digital portfolio? Thank you and good luck everyone.
Original post by peruperu
Hello, just got an interview offer for ma Photography and would like to know if anyone has some info about what they ask about in the interview. I heard they usually ask you why you want to go to RCA, which artist do you admire and relate to, etc.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Hi, I am going for interview to RCA for MA Photography Tues 24th Feb., maybe we can correspond? Good luck!
Reply 52
I got the request for interview via skype on the 9th as well for history of design!
I'm so nervous, and not sure on how to prepare either. I think I will ask them to move me for an interview in person though...

Best of luck!!
Reply 53
My head is boiling...... Two hours till interview...
Reply 54
HEYYY!! Good luck!
I'm sure everything will go fine. Keep us posted!
Original post by Cecanima
My head is boiling...... Two hours till interview...
Reply 55
Damn... I stuttered so much, I had to type. The people were cool. I really didn't feel like I was interrogated or anything. We even talked about an artist I have mentioned in the statement. They were pretty laid back. If you don't stutter like I do, you might have a pretty nice conversation with them. =)

Anyway, as long as you have a topic mentioned in the statement, you know what you're talking about and know what you want, I guess you're fine...
Reply 56
That doesn't sound so bad! How did the creative exercise go?
Damn... I stuttered so much, I had to type. The people were cool. I really didn't feel like I was interrogated or anything. We even talked about an artist I have mentioned in the statement. They were pretty laid back. If you don't stutter like I do, you might have a pretty nice conversation with them. =)

Anyway, as long as you have a topic mentioned in the statement, you know what you're talking about and know what you want, I guess you're fine...
Reply 57
Original post by menorama
That doesn't sound so bad! How did the creative exercise go?

Creative exercise?
Reply 58
Ok, I'm guessing you only had an interview for the programme you've opted for. I'm informed that I'd have a 50 min exam/creative exercise just before my interview and I have no idea what it's gonna be. Mine's on the 4th..so let's see.
Anyway, fingers crossed till interview results for you!
Creative exercise?

Hey which course was your interview for? And was this in person or Skype? Best of luck getting a place :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest