The Student Room Group

Masters in Fashion Styling?

Hi there, this is a long shot, but I was wondering whether anyone knows of anywhere where I could obtain a Masters Degree in Fashion Styling that doesn't require a BA in a related subject?

I'm currently in the final year of my BA in Ancient History, and have recently really discovered a love for fashion. I know design is definitely not an option for me, but I thought styling might just be within my reach?

If not, does anyone know how else I can receive appropriate training? I've seen a number of 5 day/short courses on the subject, but I don't think that amount of time is sufficient to gain a full understanding of the career and what it entails.

Thanks for your help!
Reply 1
Anyone? :smile:
is there even such a thing?

i can't claim any expertise, but i suspect that fashion styling is the sort of area that is all about experience and that you would be better off using your cash to live on while you work for a stylist for free. do a short course first and then start contacting magazines/stylists about internships
Reply 3
I think the only way to know, is to find some Masters courses you like the look of, and email the course leaders to ask. When you're relying on experience rather than meeting the published academic requirements, each decision will be made on an individual basis. If you don't meet course requirements at the moment, the course leader should be able to advise on what you could do in order to meet them in future e.g. build a professional portfolio.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending