The Student Room Group

Tips for clubs?

I'm an 18 year old guy in my first year at uni, not the best looking lad but take care of myself appearance wise and would say that I look the best that I can.

I enjoy the whole club 'scene' but have a bit of trouble fitting in sometimes (maybe I'm being hard on myself?) - I'm pretty sure when a girl is interested but I'm awful at approaching and I wouldn't say that the lads I go there with (mainly flatmates) are the best people to be with at times so I have trouble support wise...

The other thing is I know myself I'm absolutely terrible at dancing, don't really have an idea what to do and when I do I get the vibe from others that its way excessive, could this be seen as 'gay'? (no discrimination intended at all here, and I am straight for the purpose of this discussion)

I know TSR is probably one of weirdest places to ask for this kind of advice but hey I'll give it a shot!
Bring ID, lol.

Be confident, don't hesitate, approach and show clarity of intent. If you want to pull then make your intentions clear, and don't let anyone put you off of your game. All guys need to understand rejection is something you have to face and it's up to you to deal with it by brushing it off your shoulder.

And just dance.

I'm just seeing hesitation everywhere.
Best advice, have a few more beers than normal, you clearly don't come across relaxed and shy.

+ It's good to know everyone around you will have no clue you were dancing on the pole so YO do whatever you want to fdo, enjoy life my freind!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an 18 year old guy in my first year at uni, not the best looking lad but take care of myself appearance wise and would say that I look the best that I can.

I enjoy the whole club 'scene' but have a bit of trouble fitting in sometimes (maybe I'm being hard on myself?) - I'm pretty sure when a girl is interested but I'm awful at approaching and I wouldn't say that the lads I go there with (mainly flatmates) are the best people to be with at times so I have trouble support wise...

The other thing is I know myself I'm absolutely terrible at dancing, don't really have an idea what to do and when I do I get the vibe from others that its way excessive, could this be seen as 'gay'? (no discrimination intended at all here, and I am straight for the purpose of this discussion)

I know TSR is probably one of weirdest places to ask for this kind of advice but hey I'll give it a shot!

Most people go out to clubs to:
Just Dance
Hang out with mates
Drink
All of the above.

It isn't often you actually hook up.

If you do want to try though, dance a bit with mates, if you see a girl making eye contact with you, smile, if she smiles back, then go dance with her and see how it goes
Reply 4
Find a black guy and copy him (we are usually great at dancing). ;] ;]

Second, forget your looks. If you have enough masculine energy women will fall for you regardless (Of course not every, that's impossible for anyone).

Just go up to her, say "Hey" confidently, tell her you think she looks beautiful in (whatever she is wearing), take her hand and spin her around and smile (break her personal space barrier), then a little small talk, then say you want to see her at the end of the night and get her number (Say it confidently like "Here's what we will do. You pass me your number, I'll give you a text later and we'll hang out/after party")

Source of information: Myself; Personal Experience.

Any more assistance PM (if you must, I'm quite busy).
Original post by iAmanze

Second, forget your looks. If you have enough masculine energy women will fall for you regardless (Of course not every, that's impossible for anyone).

Just go up to her, say "Hey" confidently, tell her you think she looks beautiful in (whatever she is wearing), take her hand and spin her around and smile (break her personal space barrier), then a little small talk, then say you want to see her at the end of the night and get her number (Say it confidently like "Here's what we will do. You pass me your number, I'll give you a text later and we'll hang out/after party")

Where have you been all my life. Wish I knew someone like you!! xx
Original post by iAmanze

If someone said to me in a club 'Here's what we'll do.. Blablabla- I wouldn't be attracted to that. I'd just think they're a cocky idiot who isn't willing to consider whether I want to even talk to them or not.
Original post by Emily.97
If someone said to me in a club 'Here's what we'll do.. Blablabla- I wouldn't be attracted to that. I'd just think they're a cocky idiot who isn't willing to consider whether I want to even talk to them or not.

This is why guys say women do not know what they want, because of people like you.

Stop being upset that you do not get approached by guys. It's great advice.
Original post by QueenAryela
This is why guys say women do not know what they want, because of people like you.

Hmm.. Still trying to figure out why it is you think that's what I'm saying.
Pipe down- you're blowing what I said out of proportion.

I just merely wouldn't like it if someone was cocky towards me- that would be anyone, and anywhere, not just in a club.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by QueenAryela

Absolutely not. I agree. To approach someone with "This is what we're gonna do" oversteps the line of confidence into arrogance and almost controlling. Making the decision for a woman you don't know is NOT a good idea. By all means suggest it/ask but insisting is just douchey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lionheart96
Most people go out to clubs to:
Just Dance
Hang out with mates
Drink
All of the above.

It isn't often you actually hook up.

If you do want to try though, dance a bit with mates, if you see a girl making eye contact with you, smile, if she smiles back, then go dance with her and see how it goes

What he said. A "hello" rather than an arse grab goes a long way too.
Original post by iAmanze

Once again, good advice for men. You sure you are not secretly a lady? tehehe ;D x

Either than or you are an extremely successful ladies man. The world needs more masculine men like you - I keep getting approached by these weak guys that turn me off.

Maybe one day I'll meet someone like you, in short supply though =/ xx
Original post by KittyLoverx0x0x
Once again, good advice for men. You sure you are not secretly a lady? tehehe ;D x

Either than or you are an extremely successful ladies man. The world needs more masculine men like you - I keep getting approached by these weak guys that turn me off.

Maybe one day I'll meet someone like you, in short supply though =/ xx

I can assure you I am a male :wink:

+ Yes you are right, masculinity is disappearing, being replaced by very feminine men 'nice guys'. I actively try to help guys to become successful so soon there should be a lot you can meet =)

No tactic is going to work on every girl, but generally, that isn't a bad approach. Obviously that would be a bad opener, but he did say he'd say it at the end of the night. It's like sales, you don't say "do you want some pens", you say "do you want one pen or two". You don't say "do you want to come back with me", you say "your place or mine" (well, you can't say that as it's too cliche, which is a shame because it's a good line).
Original post by Mankytoes
No tactic is going to work on every girl, but generally, that isn't a bad approach. Obviously that would be a bad opener, but he did say he'd say it at the end of the night. It's like sales, you don't say "do you want some pens", you say "do you want one pen or two". You don't say "do you want to come back with me", you say "your place or mine" (well, you can't say that as it's too cliche, which is a shame because it's a good line).

It kinda depends.. If they came out with it after us chatting for ages with laughs and I liked them, then I don't think I'd mind as much, at least if I knew he was saying it because he sensed I liked him- but in any situation I still think talking as if you're dictating what's going to happen is rude/arrogant.
Lmao at replies, over confidence will work on 90% of girls.

Be as attractive as possible. When you hit a certain point of attractiveness girls will approach you, make moves etc it becomes piss easy.

Most guys in nights outs are utter cluts and go about things the wrong way, eye contact, charm, confidence, banter etc are all important.
It kinda depends.. If they came out with it after us chatting for ages with laughs and I liked them, then I don't think I'd mind as much, at least if I knew he was saying it because he sensed I liked him- but in any situation I still think talking as if you're dictating what's going to happen is rude/arrogant.

I guess it's a lot about tone, you always want to sound light hearted. It shouldn't sound like he's genuinely saying you don't have a choice.

I know a lot of girls don't like it, but this sort of thing does work. Half the girls might tell you to piss off, but the other half will find you stand out. If a guy is going to clubs and failing to get with girls, 90% of the time the problem is not acting confident enough. I can't think of any guy who acted too confident.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending