The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE changing course to straight Econ

Hi there.

How hard is it to change to straight economics given (a) I hold a place for a similarly competitive course which involves economics (b) I have good grades with A*s in Maths and Further Maths?

I've basically had a change of heart after looking in more detail at the economics course, notably the flexibility in the third year which I really like the look of.

I understand that there is a way into straight economics after the first year given certain preconditions are met, but would it be possible to change to economics within the first few weeks given my application is strong ( I can PM for more details)?

Many thanks
Depends on what course you have an offer for - if your course is already run by the economics department, its relatively straight forward.

If not, you'll have to take options that align your course as close as possible to econ. in the first year, and then you'll transfer to BSc Econ. . This is pretty much always the way they do it - many courses at LSE have virtually the same first year as BSc Econ. (namely, EC102, ST102, MA100 and something else), so it's simple to change course in the sense that, you won't be disadvantaged in anyway by the fact that you were not OFFICIALLY BSc Econ. until the start of your second year.

Needless to say, you'll have to average a high first across all of those "core" modules.
Without knowing your course, I cannot say anything more concrete.
(edited 9 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending