The Student Room Group

calling your teacher Mum!

Oh, my gosh!I'm a really shy girl, and I get along really well with my Drama teacher (she's married, and no worries, she a girl like me! Ha ha! Just in case you get the wrong idea!). I was talking to someone and she was complaining about her Mum. I said "Hold on a minute, please," went to turn round to my teacher and instead of saying "Miss" I said "Yes, Mum,".It was so embaressing! My teacher just stared at me, I said " I really just said that, didn't I?", she broke out a smile and bursted out laughing!Thank Lord I get along with her so well! She gave me a hug and said "Bless you, my love!" I suppose she is like my school Mother... I do all her clubs and she was the one who made me who I am and I honestly have no idea what I would of done if I hadn't met her. She's always saying to me "I love seeing your confidence blossom!" I find it hard to trust people and she's always there for me.Have you ever called a teacher Mum in secondary school? Ever got in trouble for it? Let's share our stories! :-)
We've all done it haven't we ??? Putting your hand up and saying it or answering yes mum to the register. People point and laugh but people quickly forget about it haha
I've never done it in secondary school but I remember doing it quite a few times in primary school, it was so embarrassing :colondollar: but I suppose everyone's done it at some point
I can remember doing that in primary school accidentally, I haven't done that since... :tongue:
Reply 4
Haha that made me laugh, I haven't called a teacher mum but I once called my friend mum by accident :blush:
I think teachers would probably find that pretty funny. What's more common is accidentally calling a male teacher "Miss" or a female teacher "Sir" which I have accidentally done before (more than once actually).
Same ive only done it in Primary school.
Didn't this happen on Modern Family?
I did call my maths teacher mum once during high school. Awkward.
(edited 9 years ago)
We've all watched Recess :smile:
Called my RE teacher mum in Year 10. Quite funny thinking back on it, but mortifying at the time.
I did this quite a few times at primary school! People forget about it really quickly so I wouldn't worry about it. Luckily (or not so luckily) for me when I got to sixth form my mum actually was my teacher so I didn't really have this problem again!
Reply 12
That's great!

I mean, usually people hate it when their parents teach in the school but you sounded pretty confident with your Mum being a teacher in your secondary school. She sounds like a great Mum for you to accept that fact? :-)
Reply 13
Sure is!

I can laugh about it so much now, but at the moment in time... Terrible feeling!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I have called my teacher mom once when in 11 grade
XDDDDDDDDDD I DID THE EXACT WHEN I WAS PRACTICING DRAMA CLUB. So I was going to ask her about the costumes and instead of saying excuse me miss, I said excuse me mom. No one heard and my teacher was staring. I was in 6th grade when this happened. There was also a girl who’s mother was the security guard so I maybe thought that I was at home asking my mom a question because I was so comfortable in the environment. I was laughing after so hard!

Latest