The Student Room Group

Biology OCR F215 17TH June 2015

Haven't found a thread for this exam yet so thought i'd create one! Hope revision is going well, if anyone needs any help revise or want to discuss this exam then please feel free :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beni24
Haven't found a thread for this exam yet so thought i'd create one! Hope revision is going well, if anyone needs any help revise or want to discuss this exam then please feel free :smile:

Are you making your own notes? pm me :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by games211
Are you making your own notes? pm me :smile:

I haven't actually made any notes yet but just thought I would create this thread as I thought it'd be useful to help each other with revision and any questions :smile:
Not looking forward to this. I've spent too much time on unit 4 this year
Reply 4
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Not looking forward to this. I've spent too much time on unit 4 this year

Aw you'll be fine, Don't worry! :smile: we've still got 4 months to go just stay focused and revise hard :biggrin: This is my resit so hoping to improve my grade :smile:
Original post by Beni24
Aw you'll be fine, Don't worry! :smile: we've still got 4 months to go just stay focused and revise hard :biggrin: This is my resit so hoping to improve my grade :smile:

I'm resitting both AS units too because I ended up with a C last year. There are so many facts to learn and it's a tad difficult to allocate my time efficiently right now but I'll get there eventually. What grade did you previously have in this paper?
Reply 6
I'm resitting both AS units too because I ended up with a C last year. There are so many facts to learn and it's a tad difficult to allocate my time efficiently right now but I'll get there eventually. What grade did you previously have in this paper?

Yeah there's so much to take in, I'm resiting F212 and F214 aswell :frown: I got an E but I did so much revision for that exam but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I might need to try a different revision method :smile: How are you revising for your Biology exams? :smile:
Original post by Beni24
Yeah there's so much to take in, I'm resiting F212 and F214 aswell :frown: I got an E but I did so much revision for that exam but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I might need to try a different revision method :smile: How are you revising for your Biology exams? :smile:

last year, I tried soaking it all in the night or 2 nights before. The teachers set no homework, so I ended up prioritising biology the least and I was in such a predicament before the exams. I got a C and D in unit 1 and 2 respectfully but I'm much serious about it now and I'm FINALLY getting used to those heinous "suggest" questions.

Learning as many facts as possible and then it's all past papers from April onwards. I can see myself having another all nighter before Unit 5 :/
Reply 8
last year, I tried soaking it all in the night or 2 nights before. The teachers set no homework, so I ended up prioritising biology the least and I was in such a predicament before the exams. I got a C and D in unit 1 and 2 respectfully but I'm much serious about it now and I'm FINALLY getting used to those heinous "suggest" questions.

Learning as many facts as possible and then it's all past papers from April onwards. I can see myself having another all nighter before Unit 5 :/

I know what you mean, I did F212, F214 and F215 last June and did so much revision for it but somehow didn't get the grades :frown: Don't worry about it, we've still got a few months left! You can do it! I've been focusing on a specific topic of the F215 exam for a week and then I try and recall it to see what I can remember :smile: I also bought a couple of revision guides for the A2 exams and they are actually very useful! They basically sum up what we're supposed to know for our exams.
Reply 9

Here's the link to the revision Guides I bought, I bought it from Amazon. I find it that it explains the information clearly and more understandable compared to the other Biology text book :smile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-Biology-Student-Unit-Guide/dp/1444162578/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1422295249&sr=8-9&keywords=philip+allan+biology
Reply 10
For me, the content in F214 is much more straightforward compared to F215, so I'll probably spend more time revising F215 (also because it is the bigger exam!) I get my mock grades back on wednesday, so that'll help give me an indication on what I should be revising :smile: Good luck everyone, I'm sure you'll do just fine!!
Reply 11
Original post by Lighfy
For me, the content in F214 is much more straightforward compared to F215, so I'll probably spend more time revising F215 (also because it is the bigger exam!) I get my mock grades back on wednesday, so that'll help give me an indication on what I should be revising :smile: Good luck everyone, I'm sure you'll do just fine!!

Yeah I know what you mean, In F214 it's been split into 4 topics, so its a bit more basic however still a lot of take in :smile: Aww Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Beni24
I know what you mean, I did F212, F214 and F215 last June and did so much revision for it but somehow didn't get the grades :frown: Don't worry about it, we've still got a few months left! You can do it! I've been focusing on a specific topic of the F215 exam for a week and then I try and recall it to see what I can remember :smile: I also bought a couple of revision guides for the A2 exams and they are actually very useful! They basically sum up what we're supposed to know for our exams.

Yeah, i'm definitely trying harder this year. It helps that the grade boundaries are pretty low for the exams. I think it's like 70/100 for an A on unit 2 and unit 5. The one horrible thing is the coursework though. Not because it's hard but because you need like 38/40 to get an A because so many schools cheat
has anyone started revising for this yet? The mark schemes are so f****** odd
Reply 14
Anyone know any good ocr bioligy tutor living around Bedfordshire area?
I've already asked in another bio thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what do we need to know about peritoneal dialysis?
Reply 16
Please does anyone have AS biology ocr official textbook and is willing to sell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello

I was wondering if someone could help me regarding how to get an A in as biology ( ocr .. With only a C/D in the 20% coursework :/ I know I've done terribly in my controlled assessment , mainly due to the fact we'd often not even be told that were going to have one or be under prepared :/ I feel so depressed and angry right now because I desperately need an A grade and scarred that it'll be too hard to make up in the exams . Has anyone here ever been in a similar situation ? Or have any advice ?
A reply would be really appreciated :/ xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anymorefor123
Hello

I was wondering if someone could help me regarding how to get an A in as biology ( ocr .. With only a C/D in the 20% coursework :/ I know I've done terribly in my controlled assessment , mainly due to the fact we'd often not even be told that were going to have one or be under prepared :/ I feel so depressed and angry right now because I desperately need an A grade and scarred that it'll be too hard to make up in the exams . Has anyone here ever been in a similar situation ? Or have any advice ?
A reply would be really appreciated :/ xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on a c in coursework too, cannot seem to get much higher than that..
It depends on what you got last year anyway, since I believe you need 80% overall between AS and A2, so if you got 90% last year you'd need 70% this year I believe. I only just got an A last year so i need to do as well as last year for the A, hence why I'm revising it like crazy
Original post by corey7695
I'm on a c in coursework too, cannot seem to get much higher than that..
It depends on what you got last year anyway, since I believe you need 80% overall between AS and A2, so if you got 90% last year you'd need 70% this year I believe. I only just got an A last year so i need to do as well as last year for the A, hence why I'm revising it like crazy

Haha no hopefully you will achieve it :smile: xx but I mean you got an C right ? And still managed an A overall in AS ?.. So do you think it's manageable to get an A with bad coursework :/ seriously freaking out tbh fml

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending