The Student Room Group

Revising for AS Level History: How?

Remembering all the key dates for AS History is getting really hard as the year goes on especially since my teacher for Pitt to Peel is awful. Any revision tips/essay tips would be most helpful.
I'm struggling myself. I would suggest typing out key dates over and over again until they are glued in your head. What units are you studying? what exam board?
I made mindmaps, powerpoints etc. Got 99/100 for my Civil Rights exam :-) You can do it!
I found that a really helpful way to remember history dates and concepts is to speak it aloud and try explain it either to someone like a fellow history student or just alone, it makes it easier to formulate your ideas better. Plus I tend to write down all the ideas and dates and try link them to each other and make it easy to understand, again just trying to get it in my head. Also I don't think the dates to be just dates but to be apart of the things that are happening, though sometimes that can be hard as well! Well, I hope this helps and I you definitely can do it!
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I'm struggling myself. I would suggest typing out key dates over and over again until they are glued in your head. What units are you studying? what exam board?

I'm studying Italian Unification and Pitt to Peel (OCR Exam board)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by orphan_black
I made mindmaps, powerpoints etc. Got 99/100 for my Civil Rights exam :-) You can do it!

Mentioning powerpoints, that's a technique i have started to use and i stream the PP onto my television screen in the evenings

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did different exam board but last year I found the best way to revise was to plan out essays and just put facts with the paras I would have them in. It meant I could kind of apply the knowledge rather than just having to remember a load of dates or facts that didn't mean anything. Hope this is helpful

Quick Reply

Latest