The Student Room Group

How intelligent do you think you are?

Scroll to see replies

Barely average and enough to pass most of my classes.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Reply 21
130 IQ and a hobby learner. Plus, I've got full marks on tests on more than one occasion, so I'm probably smarter than most.

Oh, and I don't trust the media, which automatically makes me more intelligent than 90% of people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Average
Reply 23
Original post by jaffacake111
In the words of Socrates let me say: "I know that I know nothing" (originally from Latin: "ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat")

I declare you winner of the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Average. I do well academically but I've had spontaneous moments where I question how sharp I really am.
Original post by grassntai
Average. I do well academically but I've had spontaneous moments where I question how sharp I really am.

The more often you do it, the less stupid you are.
Reply 26
I have a question. Everyone on this thread is measuring intelligence differently (IQ, exam results, common knowledge, etc). What is the correct way of measuring intelligence?
Smart enough to know I that I know very little.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by channies
I declare you winner of the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well thanks. I'm blushing now. I did have to check the exact translation because (and this IS from memory) "Non sum qualis eram" or "I'm not as I was". That's Horace by the way :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by `Jts
I have a question. Everyone on this thread is measuring intelligence differently (IQ, exam results, common knowledge, etc). What is the correct way of measuring intelligence?

Don't worry about it. You haven't got any.
Reply 30
Original post by grassntai

I'm similar in that I do well academically but I don't feel like grades are representative of intelligence. In general I don't know much at all and lack common sense. Sad times!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Yawn!
Don't worry about it. You haven't got any.

Ok pal. :rolleyes:
Reply 32
Original post by jaffacake111
Well thanks. I'm blushing now. I did have to check the exact translation because (and this IS from memory) "Non sum qualis eram" or "I'm not as I was". That's Horace by the way :smile:

You're welcome! Celebratory Jaffa cake for you my friend!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Academically, I'd say I'm an average (maybe above average?) student - I don't fare THAT well in exams but I do genuinely try. I'm not an A/A* student but I'm able to get B's and C's.

In terms of intelligence in itself (i.e. not taking grades into consideration) I'd say I'm quite an intelligent person and the fact that a lot of people use intelligent as a word to describe me only increases my confidence in saying this.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I've got an IQ of 135 but depression and anxiety have made me make moronic choices for 4 years

IQ of 135?how come?
Original post by Oumaima1
IQ of 135?how come?

Failed the MENSA test. I'm egotistical like that :tongue: Brother got in. Eh que sera
Me intelligent? That's unpossible.
Failed the MENSA test. I'm egotistical like that :tongue: Brother got in. Eh que sera

Well,i don't think these IQ tests are objective as it only tests your logic abilities,but it stills relevant.I am bit curious,what is your field of study?Maths?
Original post by Oumaima1
Well,i don't think these IQ tests are objective as it only tests your logic abilities,but it stills relevant.I am bit curious,what is your field of study?Maths?

English and History :smile:
English and History :smile:

You do like Maths/physics or not?
I am curious..XD !

Quick Reply

Latest