The Student Room Group

How intelligent do you think you are?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Average. I am not thick but I am not a genius either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
very a lot.:rolleyes:
I've got an IQ of 135 but depression and anxiety have made me make moronic choices for 4 years
i'm an idiot
Not intelligent enough to avoid making stupid mistakes.
Smart enough to know that I need to work my ass off to be the smartest.

:wink:
Reply 7
I'm a third-rate polymath, but a first-rate dilettante.

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I've got an IQ of 135 but depression and anxiety have made me make moronic choices for 4 years

That's certainly re-assuring to hear.
Original post by Profesh
I'm a third-rate polymath, but a first-rate dilettante.

That so?

disturbingly so, yes.
disturbingly so, yes.

IQ is overrated.

There are a lot of tall people in the world, but very few can play pro-basketball. :tongue:
Original post by Xin Xang
IQ is overrated.

There are a lot of tall people in the world, but very few can play pro-basketball. :tongue:

eh, the thread asked how intelligent I think I am, vs. how intelligent I objectively am. Numerous health professionals have told me I under-rate my own intelligence and there have been things I say in front of my friends which they just gawp at me for…only in uni and here on TSR surrounded by fellow pseudo-intellectuals do I feel like I can go deep :s-smilie:
eh, the thread asked how intelligent I think I am, vs. how intelligent I objectively am. Numerous health professionals have told me I under-rate my own intelligence and there have been things I say in front of my friends which they just gawp at me for…only in uni and here on TSR surrounded by fellow pseudo-intellectuals do I feel like I can go deep :s-smilie:

I was merely stating my view of the significance of IQ, "fellow pseudo-intellectual".

Btw "health professionals" often say things to make the patient feel better.
:rolleyes:
I don't think I am intelligent...

... I know I am intelligent.
Original post by Xin Xang
I was merely stating my view of the significance of IQ, "fellow pseudo-intellectual".

Btw "health professionals" often say things to make the patient feel better.
:rolleyes:

what have I said wrong? :frown:

I never mentioned high emotional intelligence :redface:

yeah I'm aware of that but I called her out on it too, 'are you sure you're not lying to make me feel better as part of your job' etc.
above average, not genius
My exam results would indicate that I'm not exactly an idiot, but I certainly wouldn't class myself as really 'intelligent' - at least, not in comparison to the vast majority of people I've come across on here :smile:
what have I said wrong? :frown:

I never mentioned high emotional intelligence :redface:

yeah I'm aware of that but I called her out on it too, 'are you sure you're not lying to make me feel better as part of your job' etc.

Ok then if you say so. I really haven't got an issue with you and nothing you said bothers me. I'm just bored.:smile:
IQ of 129, so above average. God damn that point that's separating me from the better looking 130. On the other hand, people say I look mature until I open my mouth.
In the words of Socrates let me say: "I know that I know nothing" (originally from Latin: "ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat")
Original post by Gott
Do you want me to be modest or honest?

honest Kaiser Gott

Quick Reply

Latest