The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

English Literature 2015 Applicants

Sooooo, before we undertake our respective examinations and panic for months about getting into university, I have a quick question for those of you applying.

Is UEA your firm choice and OH MY GOSH CAN I MAKE SOME FRIENDS BEFORE I GET THERE I DON'T WANT TO BE LONELY AHHHH!-

Ahem. I mean, would anyone be interested in making my acquaintance before we embrace the university way of living? I am simply interested in getting to know some of the lovely students applying for the same course as I.

Scroll to see replies

Sadly only the very first part of your topic relates to me; I'm likely to firm Sussex. Congratulations on the offer, anyway!

I know what you mean about wanting to meet people before the weekend you're supposed to move in. Honestly, the thought of that kind of terrifies me!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Finally, another Lit student who's firming UEA!!! So great to meet you :biggrin:

I've firmed UEA (as they've been so lovely as to give me an unconditional offer?! And I've visited like 3 times now so I know it's where I want to be!) and I'll be studying English and American Lit from September :smile:

Are you going to any of the open days?
I have been given an unconditional too! Congratulations aha, I have heard that the American side is very good actually. I have already been to two open days and an applicant day, all of which were fantastic!
If you haven't been to an applicant day yet, I definitely recommend it. It is so informative, it is genuinely helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a conditional for English Lit with Creative Writing! Definitely going to firm UEA :smile:
Original post by FryTheProfessor
I have been given an unconditional too! Congratulations aha, I have heard that the American side is very good actually. I have already been to two open days and an applicant day, all of which were fantastic!
If you haven't been to an applicant day yet, I definitely recommend it. It is so informative, it is genuinely helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How exciting :biggrin:

I'm going to an applicant day this February (I think it's the 21st?) and I'm feeling pretty hopeful about it. What's the day like? Are there any oppotunities to speak with people about the course, or is it just lectures all day?

Have you thought about accomodation yet?
Original post by kathryn.a910
Just got a conditional for English Lit with Creative Writing! Definitely going to firm UEA :smile:

Congrats on your offer! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hello fellow firmers! I've officially firmed UEA for English Lit and I'm buzzing to start!!
Original post by FryTheProfessor
Sooooo, before we undertake our respective examinations and panic for months about getting into university, I have a quick question for those of you applying.

Is UEA your firm choice and OH MY GOSH CAN I MAKE SOME FRIENDS BEFORE I GET THERE I DON'T WANT TO BE LONELY AHHHH!-

Ahem. I mean, would anyone be interested in making my acquaintance before we embrace the university way of living? I am simply interested in getting to know some of the lovely students applying for the same course as I.

I think im gonna firm UEA for English lit as ive received an unconditional and I think the English course sounds amazing there! are you going to the English applicant day in feb?:smile:
Reply 9
Ive also firmed English lit course at UEA and about to book an applicant day! Cant wait to go the uni and course look amazing :smile:
Helloo, I've got a conditional offer for UEA Lit and plan to firm next month or so ... I've got an applicant day on Wed 18th Feb - so excited!! Is anybody else going?? :smile: Not been there before, but as soon as I saw pictures I fell in love! :smile:
Reply 11
yaaaasss applying for English lit, firming an unconditional so I'm so relieved as I get stressed easily :cool:

I guess i'm pretty lucky too as I know a couple of people from my year who are also firming
Reply 12
Original post by kathryn.a910

Me too! Congrats :biggrin:
Has anyone firmed Birmingham or Strathclyde or Leicester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ah, I'm so jealous of you guys. I'll have graduated and left by the time you start... Enjoy it, the English department here is the best. Three years is not long enough!
I firmed an unconditional for English Lit with Creative Writing at UEA so,, see you there probably idk
Another one who has firmed an unconditional offer for English Literature. Can't wait!
Original post by Zoelingua
Finally, another Lit student who's firming UEA!!! So great to meet you :biggrin:

I've firmed UEA (as they've been so lovely as to give me an unconditional offer?! And I've visited like 3 times now so I know it's where I want to be!) and I'll be studying English and American Lit from September :smile:

Are you going to any of the open days?

I'm studying English and American Loy from September too! Sooooo nervous!!!!!
Original post by Paige Katie Mae
I'm studying English and American Loy from September too! Sooooo nervous!!!!!

I recognise you from Facebook :wink: so glad there's a little group of us all studying it!
Reply 19
I've insured UEA for english lit, so there's a big chance of me going! Can't wait :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest