The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oh hell yes... definatly go on it even if you dont tell your mother
I told my Mum when I went on the pill, but it didn't stop her being really angry with me! I thought that she would be happy that I was protecting myself (I was 17), but she just thought I was being a bit of a slag. :frown:
Judge it on how you think your Mum will react. If you're 18 and at uni, then there's not really any real reason why you should tell her - you're living your own life, you're an adult, any medication that you're on doesn't need to be shared with her. However, if it would be nice to tell her , then do so!
Reply 22
I told my mum and she was fine. I think she thought it was bit soon, I was 16 and had only been with my boyfriend about 2 months. But she didn't get angry or anything!
Do what everyone does and tell her it's to help with your periods. She'll see right through it, obviously, but I can imagine it'd make it a bit less awkward.
Reply 24
DanGrover
Do what everyone does and tell her it's to help with your periods. She'll see right through it, obviously, but I can imagine it'd make it a bit less awkward.

Hm. That is a good idea.
Gr. It would be so much easier if I wasn't so close to her!
Reply 25
i rubbed me going on the pill in my mums face! Cos i was having regular sex with my boyfriend and i dont think she was too pleased....but what could she do!

Id go in the kitchen and go "oh sorry mum im just getting some water so i can take THE PILL"

yeah im mean i know.
Reply 26
egg_soup
i rubbed me going on the pill in my mums face! Cos i was having regular sex with my boyfriend and i dont think she was too pleased....but what could she do!

Id go in the kitchen and go "oh sorry mum im just getting some water so i can take THE PILL"

yeah im mean i know.

:eek: that's so mean! :p:

How was she about you going on the pill in the first place?
egg_soup

yeah im mean i know.

All that meant is that she knew when to get the secret video camera out.
Reply 28
she was shocked and was like 'why are you going on that??' i said 'cos im in a serious relationship mum and i need something to control my periods' (i have really bad periods) she wanted to go with me but i wouldnt let her, she didnt want me to go on it but i said 'look its my life stop trying to control it' it was something i wanted to do myself.

Shes fine with it now like. Pussyfooting around something that you want to do with your body, like taking the pill is up to you not your mum. I told her straight and she came to terms with it.
But surely it dulls your sex life when you can hear her sobbing hysterically into the pillow next door just as you're about to achieve orgasm?
Reply 30
not really. We had sex in my house once and mum was sat downstairs and she sed the light was rocking :s-smilie: im in halls. its all gravy :biggrin:
Reply 31
No chance of having sex in my house- not with a 11 year old sister who is scarily naiive!
Reply 32
awwws. wait till they go out or do it in the bathroom! lol all bathrooms have locks on them!
You are being responsible, I know my mum had a problem with the knowledge I was haing sex, but after explaining everything, she appreciated that I was sensible. Explain everything and what you want to prevent. Ask her maybe to go with you to the Doctors, maybe she would like to be involved.
just tell her...it'll save the hassel later on and tbh she'll probably b glad uve been honest. I have the opposite situation my moms just told me 2 go on the pill!!! i was like wat the hell, but hey ho i mite as well go 4it now!

Latest

Trending

Trending