The Student Room Group

Lang students and accommodation

Strange strange question but me and a few people have been wondering about this for awhile - cause we go away in the third year what do we do about accommodation in the second year

Do most lang students stay in accommodation or have lovely friends who don't mind them not being there for a year in a houseshare situation?

Personally, i know I cannot stay in this hall any longer than forced so we just wondering,

I guess this may seem a little premature, I just got terrified the other day when I heard people talking about househunting for next year NOW! Panic!!

Thanks for any info.

Bethx
Reply 1
What do you do in your fourth year when you haven't been there to arrange housing in your third year for your fourth year..if that makes sense???
Reply 2
It also must be pretty rubbish to come back and find that everyone you made friends with has graduated.
Reply 3
burntgorilla
It also must be pretty rubbish to come back and find that everyone you made friends with has graduated.

Make friends with people on longer courses :biggrin:
Reply 4
Erm, also, you only rent houses 1 year at a time normally. So you can live out for 2nd year without it affecting 3rd year.
Reply 5
I'm going back into college, but Durham's a bit different like that anyway, so I'm of no help to you whatsoever. :smile: :biggrin:
Hee hee well thanks everyone for all the suggestions.
I'm still confused as hell but hmph - most people I know seem to be in houses for their last two years, like almost permanently.
I guess I can advertise myself lol
Reply 7
Well the reason most people stay in their house for the last two years, is if they have a good house and like the people they live with - obviously they see no reason to change. Even if I wasn't going away next year, I'd still move house next year, as I want to live with different people.

So yeah, just rent a house with friends for next year (2nd year), go abroad in your third year, have a blast... Come home around Xmas and look for some houses for your 4th year, basically.
It's pretty simple aint it really, I ask some stupid questions :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending