The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

which halls?

Know application hasn't opened yet but want to decide so I'm ready when it does. I want a self catered hall, any price and shared bathroom or ensuite. But I want to be in a hall that's quite sociaable where people will go out clubbing ect (especially in fresher's week). What do you recommend?
Original post by Anna1437
Know application hasn't opened yet but want to decide so I'm ready when it does. I want a self catered hall, any price and shared bathroom or ensuite. But I want to be in a hall that's quite sociaable where people will go out clubbing ect (especially in fresher's week). What do you recommend?

Hello!

Perhaps you can look at the halls that are part of Park Group (Stenton, Childs, MacKinder, Windsor.) I stayed in Windsor in my first year which was a catered hall and had a great time! There are a variety of halls you can choose from including self catered, en suite etc. The Park Group halls are close together, so there is the opportunity to mix with people in other halls as well as a bar and canteen where you can get food. You'll probably be at Park Bar a lot during your freshers week for events/before outings.

Regardless of where you do go, you'll find lots of things to do. The JCR team of each hall organises lots of events for first year's during fresher's fortnight and throughout the year.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any more questions,
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks
Reply 3
Recommend - Mackinder, Stenton, Childs, Bridges, St George's
Any halls you are in everyone wants to go out so you have no need to worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending