The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

aston transfer

hi ,

Im currently doing pharmacy at UoW and i am in my first year.and i really want to transfer to aston. Ive heard from my peers that to get into aston i would have to get a 1st in my first year, do i still have to go through UCAS or do i just ring aston on the day where universities have made there decisions i.e at end of june ... if i have to go through UCAS to transfer have i missed the deadline ? If so does that mean i can't transfer?
Please can someone help me as i really would like to transfer to aston doing pharmacy.

Kind regards x
Original post by tiger27
hi ,

Im currently doing pharmacy at UoW and i am in my first year.and i really want to transfer to aston. Ive heard from my peers that to get into aston i would have to get a 1st in my first year, do i still have to go through UCAS or do i just ring aston on the day where universities have made there decisions i.e at end of june ... if i have to go through UCAS to transfer have i missed the deadline ? If so does that mean i can't transfer?
Please can someone help me as i really would like to transfer to aston doing pharmacy.

Kind regards x

Hi there,

There shouldn't be any need to go through UCAS as you already have your A level results, the best course of action is to speak to the admissions tutor for pharmacy, at [email protected], they should handle your submission from there. They will also be able to explain your options, you may be able to transfer directly into second year depending on your first year grade at UoW or will transfer into first year. It depends on a multitude of things though such as module similarity, current student numbers ect. So i cannot give you a solid answer.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

There shouldn't be any need to go through UCAS as you already have your A level results, the best course of action is to speak to the admissions tutor for pharmacy, at [email protected], they should handle your submission from there. They will also be able to explain your options, you may be able to transfer directly into second year depending on your first year grade at UoW or will transfer into first year. It depends on a multitude of things though such as module similarity, current student numbers ect. So i cannot give you a solid answer.

Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly, whats the ideal time to contact them to get a positive response , nearing the end of the semester for year 1 ? Or maybe even now ?

Kind regards x
Original post by tiger27
Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly, whats the ideal time to contact them to get a positive response , nearing the end of the semester for year 1 ? Or maybe even now ?

Kind regards x

As soon as possible, as long as you've made your mind up on the move the more notice you give us, the better.
Reply 4
Original post by Aston University
As soon as possible, as long as you've made your mind up on the move the more notice you give us, the better.

ok thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest