The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St Catharine's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sammy*DeluXXe
I´m applying for NatSci Bio. Interview is on 4th Dec. I am German, so will have to switch pretty quickly into English when I arrive the night before.
Am at present working in medical research (Tissue Engineering)/Abitur completed this summer.

Suppose I might see you then!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 61
Well, I've signed up to be some kind of interview helper-type person, so hope to see you all over the next couple of weeks :smile:
Reply 62
Is anybody going to be there this Thursday (the 30th)?
artemis
Is anybody going to be there this Thursday (the 30th)?

I will. Depending on when your interview is, I show you around. I have to row in fairbairns in the morning so I'll be quite knackered.
Reply 64
i was wondering if you guys know anything about the people doing my interviews.

i have one with Dr Wothers and Dr Taraskin and another interview straight after with Professor Coles.

what are they like?

i really clearly indicated on my PS that my main area was physics, but Wothers and Taraskin are both listed on the dept of chemistry websites?

are they gonna grill me on chem or what? :tongue:

anyway any info would be useful!
dark_link

i have one with Dr Wothers and Dr Taraskin and another interview straight after with Professor Coles.

what are they like?

i really clearly indicated on my PS that my main area was physics, but Wothers and Taraskin are both listed on the dept of chemistry websites?

Don't. Research. Interviewers.
groovy_moose
You've applied to an awesome college guys!!! I choose it somewhat randomly, but it just the best place ever - good luck!!!

I just wanted to reinforce our awesomeness there.

seaspray, when is your interview?
Reply 67
swntzu
seaspray, when is your interview?

14th December :smile: Guess you will have gone by then?!
seaspray
14th December :smile: Guess you will have gone by then?!

Yeah. Even if I stayed until the end of my residency it would be too late since we get kicked out on the 10th.

I was trawling through some old threads last night (catching up with a certain brunswick) and noticed that you were applying this year. Did you take a gap year or are you just one year younger than me?
Reply 69
dark_link

what are they like?

Dr Taraskin is a Maths lecturer and DoS for Maths in CompSci and NatSci.
Reply 70
i wasn't especially trying to researching them, i was just wondering what you thought of them, are they nice etc? just out of curiosity.

i like the sound of the director of studies for natsci maths!
Reply 71
I'm down for the 6th. I phoned up and it turns out that they sent the letter to my 'home' address, which is why I haven't heard anything yet as it's in Ireland! No idea whos interviewing me yet though.
Edit: just found out - Dr Wothers, Dr Taraskin and Dr Fawcett.
i'm being interviewed by Dr. Aldridge, Dr. Mason & Dr. Oliver- that's for natsci (biological) in case anyone's interested...
Reply 73
I'm being interviewed by two historians & a lawyer. :smile:
Reply 74
Lottie
I'm being interviewed by two historians & a lawyer. :smile:

let me guess, you've applied for engineering? :tongue:
I've got Dr. Oliver too, and Dr. Bainbridge. Anyone else have an interview on the 5th?
Reply 76
dark_link
let me guess, you've applied for engineering? :tongue:

Hahaha. Quite predictably, history. :p:
nervous. can't eat a thing :frown:
Reply 78
Sammy*DeluXXe
nervous. can't eat a thing :frown:

:frown: Best of luck to you - I'm sure you will be just fine. Just relax and take it easy. :smile:
my interview for geography is on the 14th! ah im so scared! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending