The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St Catharine's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

I don't think there has been a thread for those of us who have applied to St. Catharine's College. I can't be the only one :biggrin:

People applying to St Catz to do PPS might be interested in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28775365#post28775365
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That makes two of us :biggrin: I've applied for natsci, how about you?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
I've applied for History. :smile:
Reply 3
Land Economy for me. Anyone had any news about interviews yet?
Reply 4
Not specifically yet.

I have to send in one/two essays by 17th November.
Reply 5
Not for me either. Luckily I don't have to do any tests or submit anything.
Reply 6
They did stress on my letter that it was not a compulsory part of the application process!
Reply 7
Hey, I was waiting for this thread to be started! 25% CompSci here. And I sent in my SAQ today, realising that it was actually getting rather close to the deadline!
You've applied to an awesome college guys!!! I choose it somewhat randomly, but it just the best place ever - good luck!!!

If you've any questions or anything... feel free... :biggrin:
Reply 9
I've got a letter today saying my interviews are on the 30th of November. A bit early I would have thought, i read somewhere they are between 4-13 Dec.
Reply 10
With the SAQ, I received a form to be returned if I couldn't make an interview between those dates, artemis. Best of luck with the interview! :smile:
Reply 11
artemis
I've got a letter today saying my interviews are on the 30th of November. A bit early I would have thought, i read somewhere they are between 4-13 Dec.

What subject is that for?

To be honest, I will be a little angry if my interview isn't between the 4th and 13th December, as this is was implicitly stated on the confirmation email as being the time period for when interviews take place. I know it sounds stupid 'compaining' about getting an interview but still..
Reply 12
seaspray
What subject is that for?

Sorry.....just read up the thread and saw it was for NatSci.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 13
Reply 14
Still no news about an interview.... :frown:
Reply 15
Same - when did you send off your SAQ?
Reply 16
I sent mine off on Thursday of the half-term - that's 26 October.
Reply 17
Lewi
Same - when did you send off your SAQ?

27th October :frown:

Is it just me or do virtually all the other colleges seem to have sent off their interview dates to applicants already? Why is Catz so slow!
Reply 18
seaspray
27th October :frown:

Is it just me or do virtually all the other colleges seem to have sent off their interview dates to applicants already? Why is Catz so slow!

In my case, I just assumed that they were waiting for the receipt of work before they made a final decision about whether or not to interview me.
Reply 19
Lottie
In my case, I just assumed that they were waiting for the receipt of work before they made a final decision about whether or not to interview me.

Yeah, I guess that would be the case. For me, Catz didn't require written work - so I don't know why they are taking so long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending