The Student Room Group

Welcome to the XVII Session of TSR's MUN

Welcome to the 17th Session of the MUN

Welcome back everyone! I have listed my plans for the next few months to try and boost the MUN.

Short-term Strategic Aims:

1. Remove usergroup requirement to take part. (Waiting on CT and moderators)
2. Convert the Security Council into a voting chamber where we can all vote. (Waiting on CT and moderators)
3. Resolution and petition Library keeping track of everything. (Being written)
4. Archive away pre-Great Repeal content. (Waiting on CT and moderators)
5. Votes galore on most topics. (Underway)
6. As always, activity (Underway)
7. General clan up. If there's a thread you feel doesn't really do anything or isn't needed here, please quote me into it and I'll get it removed.
8. QFA system. In TSR UKIP we have a system where any new topic posted quotes all members to make sure they see it. We find it helps continue interest and prevents people forgetting about the place. I will be implementing one here on an opt-out basis. (Completed)
9. Multi-representation. Pick more than two countries to represent (notify me of extra countries you are interested in)

Long-term Aims:

Ideas Suggested to be Further Explored:
1. Introducing a scoring points system to measure GDP, PPP, Per-Capita equivalents, and development. The points can then be altered by amounts depending on the virtual actions the representative of a country does. (Currently in its very early days but works well in other MUNs for debate)
2. Fully functioning Model EU within the MUN. (Idea only. In my opinion it would only work if activity is much higher)

Please pass your opinions on all of the above

If you are reading this but have not yet joined, please join! You will not regret it.

WHAT WE DO AND HOW TO JOIN?

I'm the Secretary General and on behalf of everyone here I invite you to join. We are a friendly community of people who spend time discussing and debating international politics, humanitarian issues, and any other issues we face. As a member you can jump straight into debates, representing your chose country. If your chosen country is not quite how you would like it to be you have the freedom to go out of character and change things.

If you would like to join, please request to join the usergroup. Everyone is welcome and quite soon needing to request before joining will be no more. For those who are not sure on joining groups, go to My Account Groups and apply to the MUN.

Resources:

Welcome Guide
Buddy Scheme for one-on-one support
The NEW MUN Charter and Guidance Document
Positions available

Until things have fully transferred over from Birchington there may be some confusion over various things, and also clutter as some threads are updated without the old being removed. This welcome thread is a good example of that.

If there are any questions please do not hesitate ask.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, this is in the right hands, indeed! You're brilliant, Nigel. I really do hope you're able to implement all your great ideas!
Reply 2
I support the idea of a model EU. A model ASEAN would be nice too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending