The Student Room Group

Can a woman be the head of the house?

Scroll to see replies

Pahahaha! Definitely not. Women think too much with emotions instead of results. Men fit the role far better.

However, if you're with a black girl (no racism I'm black) she will automatically take that role, sort of annoying but its the way it is :/
Original post by minimarshmallow
My nan and granddad have been together for 50 years. Although he's certainly fit to make a decision, and indeed sometimes he does, she has the correct decision 9/10, so why shouldn't she be the prime decision maker if she's hitting the mark more often than him?

But I mentioned from my last quote, that if a man is not able to make good decisions, then of course she can take charge.

Original post by young_guns
This isn't even a question, of course a woman can be the head of the house.

Why is it that these knuckledragging cavemen insist on interfering in people's private lives? Let people get on with it according to what they want to do. Some couples will be perfectly happy having the women being the head (and particularly if she's the one earning the most money), some couples will want to do it Even Steven, and some will want the man to be head.

It's up to each individual family, why the need to make blanket rules?

You say some, but I speak for the majority in a healthy family relationship.
That is why I put income aside, as bad financial decisions can lead to a divorce.
why should a man always have the final say? Just because he's...a man?

yes of course a woman can be head of household doh. head of household should be whoever can manage finances better and whoever earns more, whether it's the man or the woman.
Reply 23
Original post by lucaf
I think you will find that feminists do believe it happens in traditional societies, they just (rightly) agree that "traditional societies" are backward and irrelevant.

Feminism comes from a misunderstanding of the world. These people just believe what they are told.
Reply 24
Original post by al_94
Feminism comes from a misunderstanding of the world. These people just believe what they are told.

right, because people just blindly following tradition are the true free thinkers :rolleyes:
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
In the 21st century most Western males are impotent socially awkward skinny fat beta male incels, many of which wastemen. In such a depressing turn of events I believe modern Western woman is as minimarshmallows suggested the superior gender of homo sapiens

oh please you know that's BS.
Original post by Blue_Mason
But I mentioned from my last quote, that if a man is not able to make good decisions, then of course she can take charge.

He makes perfectly good decisions. She makes slightly better ones.
Generally they'll work together to come to a decision, but if they're disagreeing, generally they go with her.
Non-intelligent men should never be head of households.
Original post by iAmanze
Pahahaha! Definitely not. Women think too much with emotions instead of results. Men fit the role far better.

However, if you're with a black girl (no racism I'm black) she will automatically take that role, sort of annoying but its the way it is :/

I agree with women from parts of Europe,Africa and Asia being straight up dominant, when it comes to relationships.
You live in a country with a Queen and you don't think a female can lead?
Definitely. But personally I wouldn't want to be as I'm not the best at decision making and sometimes I prefer being told what to do. :giggle:
Original post by Blue_Mason

You say some, but I speak for the majority in a healthy family relationship.

You don't speak for anyone except yourself.

Why are you so worried about the relationship between men and women? Why does it vex you so?
Reply 32
Original post by lucaf
right, because people just blindly following tradition are the true free thinkers :rolleyes:

Sometimes you have to realize that there are things in tradition which are right for a reason.
Reply 33
Original post by al_94
Sometimes you have to realize that there are things in tradition which are right for a reason.

Very true. This is not one of those things.
Original post by al_94

That may well be true. But you've yet to demonstrate that reason.
Ma Joad
the only head in our house is Eve's which we keep locked up, sinful woman
Original post by Drewski
You live in a country with a Queen and you don't think a female can lead?

No, as I do not share such views.

Original post by young_guns
You don't speak for anyone except yourself.

Why are you so worried about the relationship between men and women? Why does it vex you so?

I could do a global study that would still show you that patriarchy is alive and well.
Traditionations are still set and men still earn more then women, and with income being the basis of patriarchy then what does that tell you?
Original post by minimarshmallow
He makes perfectly good decisions. She makes slightly better ones.
Generally they'll work together to come to a decision, but if they're disagreeing, generally they go with her.

Wouldn't you say that's the same with any marriage? (Women know better)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Wouldn't you say that's the same with any marriage? (Women know better)

I don't know, my mum and dad are pretty evenly matched. I don't have any other point of reference, so I used my nan and granddad given that they've got 50 years, two kids (one of whom is disabled), two grandkids, a house, a paid off mortgage and a recently replaced roof under their belts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending