The Student Room Group

Im going to drink 2L of water a day for the rest of my life starting today!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
2L is about right. Too much more and you will place unnatural demands on your filtration organs and piss away important minerals, so I'd take it easy..

I think you should just drink when you're thirsty. No need for a set amount of liters (unless she has a medical condition or is an athlete).
The reasoning is that if you're dehydrated, then you're going to feel thirsty anyway, and if you drink excessively, you'll just excrete the extra water. No big deal.
Original post by Lionheart96
whoah seriously 10L?! thats insane!

It sounds insane but imagine walking 10k in 45c heat with a 50kg pack on your back then it puts it into perspective.
It's a myth that everyone needs to drink a 2L standard amount of water.

You should drink when you're thirsty. That's it. The only time you should drink extra water is if you're actually out exercising or in the heat. Your body is very good at regulating water and we get thirsty for a reason. You're stressing about something that doesn't need stressing about.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Why 3L? Isn't the recommended amount 2L?

I think you'll see the same benefit with both these amounts just you'll pee a lot more drinking 3L a day

2L is the minimum recommended amount. Just kinda the reverse to a speed limit - yes, you can legally drive at fifty but you'd probably do better at thirty mate 'cause it's a dicky road.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Agreed, within reason

One may cause electrolyte disturbance/upset the fluid balance by drinking/passing excessive fluids

I agree...if one drinks more than one can pass, s/he will suffer from electrolyte imbalance.
Original post by Foo.mp3
2L is about right. Too much more and you will place unnatural demands on your filtration organs and piss away important minerals, so I'd take it easy..

will do fufu :tongue:
Nobody cares tbh
Original post by Secretnerd123
just thought i'd make a post stating this :tongue: i always say i will but it doesnt last for more than a few days. I really want to see the benefits of drinking alot of water so shall start now

changed it to 2 as its more realistic :smile:

Good for you!
Original post by Princess31
Nobody cares tbh

you clearly do :wink:

Original post by sonysharp11
Good for you!

:biggrin:
you clearly do :wink:

:biggrin:

Lol :lol:

i been tryna drink more water too :tongue:
Original post by Princess31
Lol :lol:

i been tryna drink more water too :tongue:

how much do u currently drink?
how much do u currently drink?

About 850ml a day.. :redface:
I drink 4+ litres per day
I eat 4-5 meals a day and drink a pint of water with each meal, plus a bit inbetween whenever I get thirsty (plus a pint with some maltodextrin in during training) works out at over 2L a day and is pretty easy when you break it down like that :smile:
i keep needing to go toilet. when will my bladder get used to it? lol
Original post by WoodyMKC
I eat 4-5 meals a day and drink a pint of water with each meal, plus a bit inbetween whenever I get thirsty (plus a pint with some maltodextrin in during training) works out at over 2L a day and is pretty easy when you break it down like that :smile:

I think you'll get used to it before your bladder gets used to it, if it ever does :lol: I wee a lot tbf but it's just a habit now.
I drink atleast 2L of Apple & rasberry juice a day.
Reply 77

I guess you should make your bladder used to it. Do this by holding it for longer periods and this will allow you to increase in capacity I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest